Ch 2 | Strawberries & Cigarettes.

'What?'

'I said date me! I mean fake date- so you could get Winter jealous and know if she likes you more than just a friend!'

'Stop stop stop. No. NO. NO! what are you even thinking about? That's a big no!'

Right now, you were bawling your eyes out in the corner of your classroom, where the famous Hwang Hyunjin suddenly came and saw you crying.

He comforted you and requested you to rant it out all you had inside your heart. And you did, as you needed to.

'Y/n this could help you, and me too in some ways, I'll let you know after.'

'No! You're not even my type!'

'I didn't tell you to actually date me-'

'No whatever no!'

'Ughhh you're so stubborn. Think again about it and let me know. Here's my number. Save it.'

'I don't want your number either!' I protested but he just grabbed my phone from my hands and saved his own number.

'See y/n, this will be beneficial for both us. Think about it, and let me know.' he said in a low voice.

'My match starts right now like RIGHT NOW OMG BYE' he said and ran off.

You felt guilty, as you were the reason he was late for his match. Well- that's Hwang Hyunjin, the most popular guy of your class.

Girls were always around him and whatever, but you never even gave him a glance. Because he wasn't even your type. Like- A popular bad boy who plays basketball? Just no.

But you felt bad for him now, he just practically listened to every thing you said. Such a Pisces.

And you were thinking about what he said when he ran off. A fake relationship? Fake dating? Hell you haven't even dated for real!

But..this could be beneficial? I mean if winter gets jealous, I could break up with him right away and tell her everything. Right?

And also, I've seen winter looking at me sometimes differently. Not like the best friend stare. Maybe there are deep down buried feelings for me inside her heart she isn't aware of? Maybe.

And there's only one way to find out.

Should you consider the offer?

Your thoughts got interrupted by the bell ringing, signalling the end of break time. Huffing, you picked up your books from the bench and hurried to your class.

After 45 minutes.

Class got over, and school too. Getting out of your class, you saw winter. You could feel a pit in your stomach turning and churning.

'Hey y/n! How was the last class? What's your last class again..? Geography right?'

'Yeah..it's went okay I guess? Yea..and would you like a sleepover today? We could finish the project!'

'Uh y/n I'm sorry..but I'm going on a date with Yeonjun.. I'm sorry y/n' she said while frowning.

'Oh..okay I guess' you said while bidding her goodbye and walking back to home.

You didn't get to see Hyunjin again, maybe his match didn't end up still.

Plugging in your headphones and shutting the whole world off you went towards your house.

After 6 hours, after dinner with your family.

Letting out a huge sigh, you turned the page again. There are still 4 pages left? Ughhh this project never ends.

Until then, you heard few knocks at your window.

You freaked out, 'WHO IS IT? MOOOMM THIEF-'

'NO ITS ME! HYUNJIN! OPEN THE DAMN WINDOW!'

'What are you even doing here- and how do you even know I live here?' you said while unlocking the door and saw Hyunjin on a tree.

'For your kind information I'm your neighbour actually. You never noticed, you were too interested into that phone of yours'

'Eh? Really?' you said, when he gave you a hand.

'Come here. Sit!' he said, when you accepted his hand as he pulled you beside you.

'I swear if I fall from here it's gonna be your fault.'

'You won't.' he said while giving you a reassuring smile.

He took out a cigarette from his pocket and you said, 'Give me one too' you said while you gave you another one.

'Light it.' you said while putting it in your mouth, when he lit it, including his.

'So..have you thought about the offer?' he said while pulling out the cigarette and letting out a little smoke.

'Uh yea.. but why are you doing this? Why are so eager to help me..?'

'Because there's a reason for me too..let me tell you now. As you see, and as you know hehe- I'd just like to git rid of all the girls revolving around me like I'm the sun and they are planets-'

He said when you started to laugh loudly.

'P-planets PLEASE I get it I understand oh god. Yea. P-planets-' you started to laugh again.

'I mean it does make sense! Why do they even do that? You know after getting into a relationship, they maybe won't!'

'Uh yea you're right. And um..I think I'll consider the offer.

Let's date, Hwang Hyunjin.'