CHAPTER 3: Rallentando of a Fickle Fate (PART I)

A/N: Welcome to the third chapter everyone 🌸💖 a quick confession; this particular chapter wasn't supposed to be in parts but I decided to cut it into two instead 'cause it ended up being way too long. PART II is where the really heavy stuff is gonna be though so for now let's start light with Mikey and Reiya's not-date, the budding of first love, uncovering more of Reiya's past, and minding the unsettling sense that good things always come to an eventual, unpredictable end.

For this chapter's tidbits:

※ Rallentando is a musical term from the Italian word 'rallentare' which means "to slow down or reduce speed", a mode of tempo that dies away, but keeps going only to either transition back into the original tempo, or into a new one.

※ Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a condition that causes pain, numbness, and tingling in the hand and arm, and occurs when the median nerve is compressed by intense pressure. On the other hand *snickers* Chronic Tendonitis causes inflammation or irritation of a tendon from repetitive overuse or injury. The pain fades in time, but returns when the tendon is agitated or strained.

※ Mezze culture dining is a social dining experience where food is meant to be shared with a group rather than having a plate for each person. It features an array of small plates or tapas, which makes up an entire meal ranging from vegetarian to meat items.

※ Kawasaki's nighttime factory viewing is a famous tourist spot within the Kanagawa Prefecture that stretches along the Tokyo Bay. It can be viewed from both the land and the sea, with regular periodic tours. I encourage ya'll to look it up as not only is it going to be mentioned here, but it's also a very pretty sight.

※ And lastly, First-future!Mikey is tall and if you disagree then you're wrong.

﹌﹌﹌﹌

〖 Chapter Three 〗

Chapter Three

Rallentando of a Fickle Fate 

(PART I)

﹌﹌﹌﹌

After taking a bath and changing her clothes, Reiya went out and spent the rest of the morning in the hospital to get her hand checked. Surprisingly, it wasn't as unsalvageable as she first suspected it to be. However, she did develop severe carpal tunnel syndrome and her chronic tendonitis had worsened. To top it all off her left hand had to be splinted and put in a cast, and it would have to be rehabilitated for at least one month.

Nevertheless, this bleak outcome did very little to dampen Reiya's mood. She was still very much on cloud nine after spending the morning with Manjiro (not to mention after all the caffeine she downed), and she only hoped that he and the next person she intended to see wouldn't worry too much about it.