CHAPTER 6: Reaffirming the Transient Present

A/N: The question of whether Reiya can leap to and fro in the past and the future just like Takemichi will be answered within this chapter. This chapter will also contain very brief descriptions of violence that might be especially distressing to Hanma stans (sorry Hanma stans pls don't come after me I'm very soft 🥺😭😭)

Now without further ado, sit back and relax as Reiya gets to re-experience just how fragile and unpredictable the now could be.

﹌﹌﹌﹌

〖  Chapter Six 〗

Chapter Six

Reaffirming the Transient Present

﹌﹌﹌﹌

The fact that Kisaki Tetta, the mastermind behind Hina and Naoto's deaths and the one responsible for Toman's decline into a heinous crime syndicate used to be, while also being simultaneously currently her schoolmate, made Reiya stop breathing for a moment, causing her heartbeat to reverberate uncomfortably against her chest and throat.

She wrestled with suppressing her clamoring emotions but once she found her voice, she could barely keep herself from sounding outraged. "I thought our school doesn't allow that kind of thing!" she exclaimed sotto voce.

Kuroshima gave her a speaking glance. "Yunagi-san, just because we're a private school doesn't mean we're immune to delinquents, you know. Besides, everyone usually turns a blind eye when it comes to Kisaki."

She gaped at him. "Why?"

"Because he's actually pretty respectable I guess."

Reiya drew back a little, her nose scrunching in disbelief. "I find that a bit unbelievable."

"It's definitely weird how he's a delinquent even though he has such good grades," Kuroshima conceded with a smile, "but that's the thing. Kisaki's a delinquent, but he doesn't cause unnecessary trouble and keeps the other delinquents on campus in check. In fact, if he didn't have a piercing and actually dressed right, I'd say he'd look pretty normal as the studious, no-nonsense type of guy."

Reiya settled back into her chair with a small frown on her face. 'I never knew we went to the same middle school, but Kisaki was already a delinquent around this time and he was supposed to be well-known around here as a respectable delinquent?'

The thought nearly made her scoff. Reiya didn't believe it one bit, but now it was no wonder his name sounded so familiar when she first heard it.

"I'm amazed you didn't know, Yunagi-san," Kuroshima commented. "But I guess I can't blame you since all you ever seem to think about is when you get to play the violin again."