CHAPTER 4: Rallentando of a Fickle Fate (PART II)

A/N: Welcome back everyone! 💓 For this chapter (at least for the first part) I highly recommend listening to Yes to Heaven by Lana del Ray. It's a lovely song that accurately sums up the whole situation with Reiya & Mikey, or ReiJiro as Einklley christened it. Thanks again sweetie! 💕🌸

For today's tidbits:

Genkan refers to the traditional Japanese entryway areas. It's pretty much where you remove or replace your footwear before entering the main part of a house.

※ A Yunomi is a traditional type of Japanese teacup without a handle.

※ Chrysanthemums are one of the many famous ornamental flowers and it's highly esteemed in Japan. It's the imperial family's symbol and they even have an annual Festival of Happiness dedicated to it held every September. The flower comes in different colors and in true flower language fashion, each color has different meanings. The meanings may vary depending on the country or culture but in this story, this is what they mostly mean: White symbolizes deep pain from a break-up, Pink symbolizes the fragility of a romantic connection, Yellow means rejection of love, and finally, Purple speaks of unbearable anguish at the thought of losing a loved one. It's a really versatile flower that can either be given in contemporary settings, or for "traditional" uses.

Now as a customary caution, this chapter will contain the following: some sugar, a bit of spice, and then somebody dies.

In other words, BUCKLE UP.

﹌﹌﹌﹌

〖 Chapter Four 〗

Chapter Four

Rallentando of a Fickle Fate
(PART II)

﹌﹌﹌﹌

The simple, quiet statement felt like someone just pulled the rug from underneath Reiya's feet.

"You mean...for a while?"

"Ever."

She blinked as if she'd been slapped, and she had to swallow first before she managed to ask why.

Manjiro looked away and fixed his gaze forward. "I'm going to be busy from now on. I've put off from doing a lot of work and now they're gonna keep me away for a long time." He gave her a sideways glance, his eyes wistful but adamant. "I'm really glad I met you but it was a coincidence, and I'm not about to ask you to wait for me. It's not fair for the both of us."

Reiya could hardly believe it. She was about to be abandoned. She swallowed against the hard thump in her throat and reinforced herself. She was not about to back down from the promise of a relationship unlike anything she'd ever experienced just like that. Not without a fight.