Girl Meets Farkle's Choice

We sat in history class, watching Riley and Maya. I didn't know what was wrong with Riley. Whenever she was in front of a camera recording her, she mixes up her words so that we can barely understand her.

"Hewo. I'm Miley Flatshoes, and these are your flurning amousenits. Today's lunch in the cafamatorium will be hot males."

"Hot tamales, I'm hoping," Mr. Matthews said.

"Hello, news lady!" Farkle said.

"Carpool!"

"Far—Carpool?"

"And here's your Farkle science moment. The Junior Entomology Society has once again nominated me for a Buggie Award for my research paper on the orange dancing spider."

"Congrats, Dr. Farklestein. I hope this is your year."

"Oh, I never win."

"Awesome. Wish I could go, but I don't wanna and I'm sure tickets are impossible."

"I have two."

"Then I just don't wanna."

"Awesome. Then it's down to two of you. I'm telling the world. Farkle must finally choose between his sweet angel whose smile lights a path of goodness or my geeky love who is currently watching from our classroom."

"And there it is, John Quinciatti. Flankle juices bequeen yama and symelf. Yama?"

~~~

"Who's the greatest ally of the United States?" Mr. Matthews asked. "Farkle?"

"I'd like to help you, sir, but I've got a lot of things on my mind," Farkle admitted.

"Are you tense, Farkle?" Mr. Matthews asked. "Is it Buggie Award season?"

"Yes, and I know that once I've chosen between Riley and (Y/n) for the dinner, I'll actually be letting the other one go," Farkle explained.

"I'll go. I'll go right now," Maya volunteered.

"I think it will be sad when he doesn't love us the same," Riley reasoned, somewhat sarcastically.

"Yes, one of you will be crushed. You will, however, receive the Farkle Home Game as a consolation prize," Farkle explained.

"Ooh, what's that?" Riley asked.

"It's this game where the loser goes, Farkle," Farkle said, making me roll my eyes.

"So, who is the greatest ally of the United States?" Mr. Matthews continued. "(Y/n)?"

"Canada," I said simply.

"Look, I really want one of you at the Buggies with me to pick me up when I lose again to my arch-nemesis, Smackle-"

Riley scoffed. "Smackle? What kind of parents name their kids Smackle, Farkle? Oh," Riley realized.

"It's just interesting that all of our thoughts turn to other allies first when Canada is right next to us," Mr. Matthews said. "Perhaps it's because we know they'll always be there for us that we take them for granted."

"That's why I was about to say Britain. The closest is Britain, but the nearest is Canada," I explained.

~~~

"Hey, love," Farkle said, climbing through my window.

"Busy. I'm doing my paper on Lizzy Borden," I said.

"This has been so stupid," Farkle admitted.

"You think?" I questioned. "If you're so indecisive, why are you making me decide if you're in the right place of my heart?"