Girl Meets Texas- Part 2

"Brother and sister. Riley and I are brother and sister now. What does that even mean?" Lucas questioned.

"You know, my parents went through the same thing. Mom had to choose between Dad and Uncle Jack. She dated Uncle Jack for a while. Then they broke up. Then, Mom married Dad, and had me," I explained, walking up to Lucas and standing next to him.

"So, who's Rachel?" Lucas asked.

"You."

"And who's Jack?"

"Maya."

"And who's Riley?"

"The idiot genius that is my father," I finished.

Lucas smiled. "History doesn't always repeat itself, (Y/n)."

I stared at him for a moment. "Have I ever told you wrong?"

Lucas hesitated. "No. Because you've been my actual sister since you started visiting Texas."

"Exactly," I breathed. I turned to the bench. "Farkle, you coming with me?"

"Of course," Farkle said, standing up.

I took his hand as we walked off of the porch. "See you later."

"See ya," Lucas called as Riley and Maya walked out of the house.

"Are you just wanting to get away from that?" Farkle hissed.

"Of course," I replied.

~~~

Lucas:
We're heading to Chubby's. Coming?

Me:
Of course.

Farkle and I met the group at the restaurant. I sat near the band, the music blaring loudly in my ears.

"Miss McGuire," Ethan greeted me, holding a cup of soda in his hands.

I rolled my eyes. "Can't leave me alone for an hour, can you?"

"Nope," Ethan said, taking a sip of his drink.

"Zay?" I heard, making me perk up.

"Unbelievable," Zay said as I walked over to them.

"How's New York been treating you?" Vanessa asked, smiling.

"Good. Yeah. Trying to fit in, making new friends," Zay explained.

"Well, looks like you made some," Vanessa said, glancing at Farkle and Maya. "Wanna introduce me?"

"Yeah, um, this is Farkle."

"Texas lady."

"And, uh, this is my friend, Maya," Zay finished.

"You did not just say that," Maya said, standing up while I jumped.

"What?" Zay asked.

"You did not just introduce your girlfriend as your friend," Maya snapped.

Zay scoffed nervously. "What?"

"Isaiah Earl Babineaux..."

"Your middle name is Earl?" Vanessa questioned, looking at me for reason.

I shook my head.

"The next time you introduce your girlfriend as your friend, we are through. Do you hear me?" Maya questioned.

"I mean, I hear you, but I..." Zay trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Put your arm around me," Maya commanded. "Twirl my hair. Call me honey nugget."

"Hi, honey nugget," Zay said scaredly.

"Hi, hunkalicious," Maya replied, making me snort.

"A little possessive, no?" Vanessa teased.

"Well, the good ones you don't let get away, you know what I mean?" Maya asked. "With all the girls chasing him around New York City, you have to swoop right in or he'll be gone. I said, you have to swoop right in or he will-"

"Isaiah Hank Babineaux," Riley said, sitting next to Zay.

"No-"

"I don't care," Riley cut him off. "I only care that you don't let Maya get her hooks into you when you know you are mine."

Zay removed his arms from both of them. "This is my friend, Riley-"

"Now, how do you like it when he calls you a friend, Riley?" Maya asked.

"I like it." Riley beamed.

"No, you do not like it."

"I do not like when you call me just friend," Riley corrected herself.

"Well, what would you like for me to call you?" Zay questioned.

"I would like for you to call me... cotton candy face."

"Good girl. I know that was hard."

"Zay, is it possible I've misjudged you?" Vanessa asked.

"It's possible, Vanessa," Riley answered.

"How do you know my name?" Vanessa asked.

"Me. I tell them about you occasionally," I said, covering for Zay.

"Hey, everybody. Welcome to Chubby's Famous Barbeque, home of the best ribs in Texas. Okay, well, we're about to introduce two lovely ladies and one of them grew up here, about two hours down the road in Sugar Land. Ladies and gentlemen, please help me welcome Maddie and Tae!"

We cheered as the duo walked onto the stage.

"Well, it feels good to be back home in Texas. This first one's a love song..."

"Uh-oh," the three said.

"And it's called No Place Like You."

Farkle and I held hands as people surrounding us danced a little. I mouthed the lyrics, knowing the band and the song. They were incredible.

~~~

Farkle and I walked around the town. I watched as teenagers danced around to country music playing in restaurants, browse for the newest clothes, and the occasional spray painting on alley walls.

"(Y/n)?"

"Oh, god no," I mumbled.

A group of girls walked up to me. The popular girls that if you didn't look like them, you were an outcast. Right now, in my geeky outfit, I was definitely an outcast.

"Who's this handsome hunk?" Greta said, putting on her fake accent.

"Greta, this is Farkle, my boyfriend. Farkle, this is Greta," I said, looking at Farkle for help.

"Nice meeting you, ladies," Farkle said, smiling at me.

The girls giggled flirtily. I wanted to gag. They acted the same way around Lucas. And Zay. And Ethan. And any boy I've met and haven't met. "Would you look at the time? We need to head back to get to the train on time."

"We do," I agreed. "Bye, girls."

The girls looked at me in disgust as I took Farkle's hand. We walked off together hurriedly. I sighed in relief when we couldn't hear their insults.

"I owe you one," I sighed.

"We do need to head back though."

"I'm still thanking you."