Chapter 3

Prince Iroh was deep in thought of what to do about the young boy that had just lost everything. His heart went out to the boy, reminding him of his son Lu Ten. He wanted to help the child, but it was going to be difficult. The boy was obviously from the Fire Nation, any Earth Kingdom or Water Tribe ships would have been spotted if they ventured this deep into Fire Nation waters. Not to mention the only landmass anywhere near here was the many small islands that dotted the Fire Nation's territory, so his story was checked out.

This led to the problem that he didn't look like a Fire Nation. He looked Water Tribe except for those sea-green eyes. In all his years the prince has never seen eyes like those, they seemed to swim with power and mystery. This combined with the way the water had reacted to him, few days ago, meant he was most likely a waterbender and a powerful one at that. He couldn't just be placed in any Fire Nation orphanage. They would kill him, claiming him a spy if they found out he was a waterbender. But at the same time, there was no safe way to bring him to one of the Water Tribes, seeing as what brought him to his current state was tied to one of them.

Iroh was lost in thought for a long time until his eyes stumbled upon his Pai Sho table, more specifically the white lotus tile. A wide smile snaked across his face. Maybe it was time to call an old friend. After all, he was looking for a new student last the prince had heard.

But for now, he had to make sure that the boy had  complete mastery over his newly acquired bending.

Over the last few days, the boy had made friends with most of the members of the crew. Most surprising was the ship's cook. The boy had a lot of culinary experience for his age. That proved that he was really close with his mother. Anytime that wasn't spent training, or sleeping was spent in the ship's kitchen space.

Speaking of training, the boy was a fast learner, executing moves that were only heard from the Masters. After he explained that he had trained from fire bending scrolls before, the people on the ship started engaging him in light spars.

Iroh was sure that before the ship docked at the fire nation capital, the boy would be a master fire bender. And with what he would do once they docked already set in Iroh's mind, things were looking up for the boy. 

                            ********

Percy had been on board for about two months now since he had first woken up, and he had done a lot with both the prince and the crew of the ship. He'd managed to worm his way into Lieutenant Lee's heart. And that was an achievement on its own. The man was tough as nails. He was in charge of Percy's training till they docked.

Percy in turn had learned the ways of the fire nation. Their culture, their dance, everything that had to do with the fire nation. He also knew that they had a new Fire Lord and that he was Iroh's younger brother (something the crew was not happy about).

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door of his chambers.

"The prince wants to see you in his chambers now!" The guard said before walking off. He was one of the few who thought Percy didn't deserve the hospitality he was getting.

On the way to the Prince's chambers, Percy was greeted by suspicious stares from some of the men on guard. He looked like a savage native from the Water Tribe or something, as some of them were so kind as to tell him. Once he made it to Prince Iroh's door he did a quick once over at his clothes (he was meeting royalty) the dark red tunic with black highlights. It looked weird to him but was normal for the people of the fire nation, and he had to fit to some extent.0 He sighed wondering if the clothes came in blue, but with the obsession, this country seemed to have with red he doubted it. Percy knocked on the door and waited politely for the prince to answer.