Chapter 4

Percy watched with mild fascination as the hot water from the bathhouse healed and rejuvenated his body. His bruises faded away in moments. When Piandao had first seen the way water healed Percy he was dumbstruck, but only for a moment the old swordsman had quickly regained his composure and told Percy he was, "A very special boy indeed." Percy smirked at the memory, being half-god will do that for ya. Percy stretched and dressed in his robes, almost identical to master Piandao's attire.

When had learned that his master's other student, Prince Zuko (Prince Iroh's nephew, and a boy his age) was allowed to pick his clothes Percy had tried to argue that he should be allowed to as well. That particular conversation ended with a stern and boring lecture about Fire Nation culture and the importance of nobility keeping up appearances. That was another thing Percy was still getting used to, having money. Percy was used to living in a small apartment. Now he lived in a lavish estate because as it turned out, Master Piandao was from an important and rich noble house in the Fire Nation.

After a few minutes of walking through the castle, Percy arrived at his master's study. Once again forgoing his manners Percy walked in without knocking unable to keep his excitement at bay. He saw Piandao sitting on the floor in front of an open window practicing his calligraphy.

"I'm ready, master," Percy said with a hasty bow remembering his manners at the last moment.

Piandao spoke without looking up, "Before you begin training with a real sword, you will need a sword to call your own. Your sword must be an extension of yourself, a part of you. Tomorrow my young protegee, you will make your sword. As you well know, you will have to choose the material that it will be made from. Luckily, I still have some rock samples in the shed. You will pick one of them tomorrow and we will begin".

Percy was quiet. That was what caught his attention first. His adoptive son was never quiet for more than a while or two.

Piandao looked up at him expectantly.

"Do you think I can make my sword from two different metals?" Percy asked.

" We could try" Piandao replied.

Again Percy was silent and totally still for a while. He kept stealing glances at Piandao, who was still staring at him.

"Do you think I could get different ores from the cliff side to make my sword?"

"Alright Perseus, what are you not telling me?" Piandao said, dropping the brush in his hand and tucking both hands into his robe.

Percy sat down from across him and exhaled before starting, "So, about six months ago, while I was running from madam Tae, I may or may not have gone down to the very bottom of the cliff. And no, not the side on land, the one in the water."

At this revelation, Piandao's eyes widened. It was known around the house that Percy could dive deeper that any person, but to reach the base of a cliff, that was something.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I kinda forgot. So while I was there, I saw this stone like nothing I've ever seen. It was literally glowing in the darkness of the sea bed. But it wasn't a crystal, it was a stone. I made sure I was sure. In fact, I have a sample right here" Percy said producing two stones from his pocket and placing them on the table in front of Piandao.

They looked like any ordinary stones, one blue and the other was a mix between yellow and bronze, but Piandao knew that Percy was anything but a liar. Percy got up from his position on the floor and began shutting all the windows in the room.

Immediately the last window was shut, the stones gave off a glow in the dark was of the room. Though they didn't light up the dark, the glow they gave was enough for Piandao to see Percy where he stood at the door.