Chapter 30

Raijin had been furious when Azula left him paralyzed. Few hours later, when he regained control of his body, he had left the palace. He went back to his father's house, where he was able to heal properly and tend to his bruised, almost shattered ego. He vowed to have his revenge on the princess, but that was impossible as long as that upstart peasant was around.

The only way to get to the princess was to get rid of Perseus and Zuko.

He decided that Perseus had to be the washe first to go. If he eliminated Zuko first, Perseus would no doubt retaliate.

He needed a good plan. One that wouldn't draw suspicion to him.

He would challenge Perseus to an Agni Kai, destroy him and then take care of Zuko. But first he needed to heal and prepare himself for what was about to come.

***********

Raijin had arrived at the royal palace, ready to put his plan into motion. He had searched for Perseus around the palace for close to four hours before snapping and asking one of the guards of his whereabouts.

The poor guard had replied that he was in a meeting with the fire lord.

Rage filled him. The water tribe peasant was in the throne room of the fire lord, but he wasn't being burnt to ash. He stormed his way to the fire Lord's throne room.

As he approached, he heard Zuko's voice. It sounded like he was angry but was keeping himself in check. A wave of heat suddenly passed from the throne room, causing the curtains to shift a little.

The shift of the curtain allowed Raijin to glimpse the inside of the throne room. Zuko was seated to the immediate right of the fire lord. But that was to be expected, even though it further infuriated Raijin. But that wasn't even what made his anger soar. It was Perseus.

He was seated one person away from the fire lord. That one person being Azula. That should have been him but that upstart was always there to ruin things.

He didn't know what came over him, but before he realised it, he had moved from where he stood and barged into the room, and without even as much as a look in the fire Lord's direction, he roared, "I demand an an Agni Kai against the water tribe Savage. I will not have what is rightfully mine taken away by some bastard of a low class tribe."

The throne room was silent. Only the sound of the burning flames could be heard. Even Zuko who was in his way out, stopped at the intrusion.

It felt like an eternity, but was only a few minutes in reality before Percy rose to his feet, bowed to the fire lord and turned to face Raijin with a sadistic smile on his face.

"I accept your challenge". Percy replied in a tone that sent shivers down the spines of everyone present except Azula and the Fire lord. The fire in the room giving his face a managing tinge to. The fire lord had a growing smile on his face.

It wasn't until that moment that Raijin stopped to rethink his plan. He had barged into the throne room of the fire lord, without being summoned. An act that was punishable by death. Not only that, but he had also challenged somebody to an Agni Kai in his throne room. The same thing that ultimately led to the scarring and banishment of the prince years earlier.

As if that wasn't enough, the Fire lord had a smirk of sadistic glee on his face.

( - )

This had proven to be a glorious day for Ozai. He had been thinking on how to demote Raijin from the position of heir to the throne now that his first born child was back. But now, the blundering fool had given him the perfect opportunity.

Not only that, his son had shown that he had grown a back bone in his years of exile.

He was going to witness not one but two Agni Kais between four excellent benders in one day. No matter how it went, it would turn in his favour. If Zuko won, it would send a message to others that the royal household was not to be trifled with. If he lost, he could simply move on to plan C. If Perseus won, it would prove that he was worthy enough to be Commander, and also to be seduced by the princess. If Raijin won, well he'd figure it out later. Things were definitly looking good for him.