Chapter 19

Suki tried to dodge the falling debris, forgetting that she was on a narrow pathway. She slipped, and before she knew it, she was falling off the cliff. She flailed as she fell before she was caught softly, a hand made entirely of water stopping her fall. Sokka's face popped over the cliff edge worriedly.

"Suki!" he yelled.

"I'm okay," she assured him as the watery hand slowly brought her back up to the path.

She stepped off, back onto the trail, before the ocean erupted between them and the Fire Nation ship. It was massive, towering nearly 100 ft high, completely blocking the ship from view and harm's way.

Sokka whistled, "Damn, nice work, sis," he said, staring at the wall of water.

"It wasn't me, Sokka," Katara said angrily, glaring at someone in front of them.

Suki turned to see a young man with his hands aloft. He was tall, with blue armor and black messy hair. He turned to look at her and she saw bright green eyes. If it wasn't Katara, this was the man who had saved her. She stepped towards the front of the group to thank him.

"Careful, Suki," Sokka said, grabbing her arm, "He's Fire Nation."

She tensed and unconsciously began to reach for her fans. It was more instinct than anything at this point. The man had noticed her movement as he kept both hands aloft.

"Water Boy," Toph's voice rang out, cutting through the sudden spike in tension.

"Toph," Percy's voice filled with amusement, "I wasn't expecting to see you again so soon."

"Hey, Percy," Aang smiled him.

"How's it going, Aang?" he replied easily.

Aang shrugged, "Not too bad, anymore, that is. Thanks for saving our friend."

Suki was getting whiplash from the whole situation. First, the Fire Nation ship was attacking them, then she was falling off a cliff. After the fighting stopped, Sokka said the man was Fire Nation, but Toph and Aang didn't seem worried at all. She was confused by the whole situation.

The man didn't reply to Aang's statement as he watched the group carefully. Despite maintaining an enormous wall of water, he didn't seem to be struggling at all, she noted to herself.

"So, I'm guessing that our temporary truce is back on?" Aang asked hopefully.

"Not exactly, I was just wondering why the path was shaking and came to investigate," Percy responded carefully.

"Yeah, and you saved Suki and stopped the fight. Also, we're traveling with a pregnant woman and her family," gesturing to the family among them, "Besides, do you actually want to fight us?" Aang pleaded his case.

Suki continued to eye the newcomer warily. He looked to be slightly older than them, with a deep tan and a muscular build hidden by his armor. A warrior for sure, she recognized the anticipation in his stance before he relaxed his posture. She let go of the fan she was gripping but remained alert.

Percy looked to the sky exasperatedly, "Oh gods, Azula is going to kill me," he muttered before walking back the way he came. He looked back over his shoulder when nobody followed, "Well, are you coming or not? This is an active war zone after all."

"So...is the truce back on?" Sokka asked.

Percy rolled his eyes at the question, "Yes, Sokka."

( - )

"What do you think of Percy?" Aang asked as they sat alone around the fire. Sokka & Suki were off flirting, Toph was sleeping, the teen in question was already sleeping, and Katara was the only one sitting with him.