I Was Five at that Time

"Ok I'm going to start at the beginning ok just calm down and listen for a second." 8 years ago a boy was born with an extraordinary head of white hair. He was named Ash Munroe.

I walked with my mother down the street to my bus stop

I walked with my mother down the street to my bus stop. We had just moved to New York a week ago and that day was my first day of my new life here. "Are you ready honey, I just know today is the start of something great." I nodded with a big smile and got on the bus. I got to the school and met my teacher he was tall like really tall but, maybe it was because I was five at the time and smaller than my other classmates. Mr. Barber told me to stand in front of the class and introduce myself. "Hello, my name is Ash and I like dinosaurs." Mr. Barber smiled ruffling my hair and said I could go sit down. After we ate lunch, we went outside for recess. 

I was sitting in in the grass digging holes in the dirt with a stick and I heard a loud bang I looked up and saw downtown Manhattan was a full-on battle ground. I stood up and walked toward the gate to get a better look but, I was picked up. "Come on buddy we have to get inside it's not safe out here." All the sounds passed after a while it was safe and time to go home. Mr. Barber waited with me for my mom, but she never came. He sighed. "Come on Bud" He stood grabbing my hand.

"Where are we going?" He looked down at me.

"We got to get you home your mom." He kept walking down the sidewalk.

When we finally got to my house no one was home, so we waited on the doorstep until cops pulled into the driveway. Mr. Barber went to talk to them and then came back to get a bag packed for me. After that I was off to the foster care system bounced from home to home. And so, I was an orphan in an unknown city and my mother was dead.

"Ok pause yeah I get all that but how does that tie into the question I actually asked you."

"If you would just give me a second, I could get there but that would also require you not interrupting me."

"Hey, I'd watch it there bud you're the one in trouble here not me but, proceed." 

"Thank you, now where was I."