This is a Change in Pace

"We have to find the person who framed my friend."

"Look Captain America I would love to help you, but I can't control my powers yet. I would be a liability to you guys right now."

"I see well, if you change your mind, we'll be in town for one more day before we have to leave."

After school I took my time getting home so I could think about helping Cap and his friends. When I walked in the house, I went straight to me and Chris' shared room. Chris wasn't in there because he had to quarantine in the guest room.

"Volt where are you buddy?" I heard a low growl come from under my bed. I walked closer to my bed. I was about to look under the bed when a huge black paw came out from under it. I stumbled back as a Panther climbed out from under the bed. 

"Don't hurt me please

"Don't hurt me please." The Panther walked toward me and started licking my face. I had a shocked look on my face. First of all, why is there a Panther in New York and secondly why am I not dead. The Panther snuggled up to me and laid its head in my lap. Then the moment of realization came in.

"Volt is that you?" The panther's ears perked up at its name being called. This is weird. Out of nowhere his eyes started to glow purple and he stood in front of me in a pose like he was ready to attack something. Then hank started to open the door.

"Hank wait don't come in."

"What why?"

"I uh I just need to do something before you come in."

"Ash, are you exploring your body right now. It's perfectly natural and I could come back and talk to you later about it."

"What no ew."

"It's nothing to be ashamed of. Boys your age tend to start doing well you know."

"It's not that I just uh spilled something." I pushed Volt into the bathroom and then walked to the door."

"You can come in now." I said while opening the door.

"Are you ok you seem nervous."

"No, I'm fine just had to clean up."

"Ok then." Hank walked over to my laundry bin and grabbed the clothes.

"I'll leave you to it then." I nodded and he walked out.

"I should call Cap. I may not have my powers down, but he might be able to use Volt." I said silently to myself.

I grabbed my phone and dialed the number he gave me. When he picked up, I told him about Volt. He asked if I could come along to make sure he didn't eat anyone. I said yeah, I just had to make sure Xavier was ok with it. I walked downstairs and knocked on the door of his study.

"Come in." I opened the door and walked in closing it behind me.

"I have a hypothetical to run by you."

"I'm listening." Just as I was about to speak Hank walked in.

"Oh Ash, you know you could have come to me about your-"

"Hank I wasn't asking the professor about that certain topic." I said quickly cutting him off before I got trapped in a conversation, I did not want to be in.

"Oh, sorry I'll come talk to you later Professor. I'll talk to you to Ash."

"Please don't." I said under my breath. He walked out and Xavier looked at me with his eyebrow raised.

"What was he talking about?"

"Nothing he misunderstood something earlier." 

"Ok then. What was that hypothetical you wanted to run by me?" I told him about Cap and him asking me to help him and also about Volt. He looked to be thinking the whole time not really listening.

"So, you want to help Cap and his friends?"

"Yes, I don't believe his friend hurt those people. He shouldn't be punished for someone else's stupidity."

"Fine." I looked at him confused.

"What?"

"You can go help Cap. I trust him if he was good with Storm." I ran over to him and hugged him.

"Thanks Professor."

"Just make sure you take care of yourself and be careful ok."

"I will. I promise." I went upstairs and let Volt out of the bathroom as I packed a few things for the journey ahead. When I finished packing, I called Cap.

"Xavier said yes?"

"Yeah, since you were good with my mom."

"Ok interesting. We had to get some things so I'm sending clint to come get you."

"Ok I'll see you soon." I hung up the phone and made sure I had everything ready then I just waited.