Friends of Your Mom

I stayed with my social worker Mark Stewart for a few hours before he found someone who was able to foster me. I saw two men standing in the doorway from the chair i was sitting in. One guy was in a wheelchair and had long hair that reached his shoulders, and the other guy was dorky looking with glasses. The dorky guy walked toward me and kneeled down in front of me.

"Hi little guy I'm Henry, Hank for short." He turned toward the man in the wheelchair.

"The man in the wheelchair over there his name is Dr. Charles Xavier. He and I are going to foster you." He turned back to me with a smile and picked me up carrying me out to their car. 

The car traveled down the road for a while so me being the 5-year-old I was I hated sitting in silence and I asked them why they fostered me. All they said was that they were friends of my mother and to take a nap it would be a long car trip ahead.

We pulled up to an old looking mansion and Hank walked me inside. It was quiet and homie.

"So, buddy do you want to see your room and meet your big brother."  I nodded with a huge smile on my face. I always wanted siblings, but my mom only wanted her one kid. She would always tell me I was the only one she needed because I was perfect in her eyes. Anyway, he took me to the room and put down. A boy just a little taller than me jumped off his and bed and walked toward me.

"Hi, I'm Chris I'm your new big brother." He said a hand reached out Infront of me. I shook his hand and introduced myself as well.  He helped me unpack my bag and make up my bed before we went downstairs to eat dinner.

"So, when you said you were friends of my mom what did you mean?" I asked Charles.

"She was a really important part of this place when she was around." Charles said looking at me with a smile.

"What did she do that was so important?" Charles looked at Hank at Hank toward Charles.

"We'll tell you when you're a bit older alright." I nodded and finished dinner.

Chris and I walked up to our room and went to bed.

"Ok wait really though how does this work with the question I asked?"

"Oh my gosh I'm getting there can you just let me finish?"

"Fine go on but if you don't get this out in the next hour I'm going to be so done."

"All right now to this morning."