You're My What

We start walk toward each other with determination. They weren't stopping and neither were we. We started running toward each other. I ended up hiding behind a box because I can't really fight to well. I watched Volt help the others until the familiar guy crashed into the passenger gangway next to me. His head lifted and he looked straight at me. He got up and started walking toward me. Out of nowhere Volt came and stood in front of me. Then Volt started talking to me.

"Are you ok. He didn't hurt you right?"

"No, he didn't hurt me. He hasn't even had a chance to fully walk over to me. You didn't have to come over here."

"I told you. You're my first priority." He let go of the brain tie and I focused back on the situation at hand.

"Calm down I'm not trying to hurt him." Volt growled then moved away. I was confused to say the least. The guy leaned down in front of me and took off his mask.

"Are you ok little guy?"

"I'm perfectly fine. Why are you so worried about me?"

"I'll explain later but I need to get back to the fight. I must avenge my father's death. Stay here where it's safe."

"I don't have to listen to you. You're not my dad."

"You'd be surprised. Stay here." He put his mask back on and ran off.

What does he mean by that? What would I have to be surprised about? When mom used to describe my dad, she would only talk about where he was from. She also told me about the culture and their first date. She never told me what he looked like. I knew that he was like her though. Well maybe not a mutant but had superpowers, nonetheless. He had the powers of a panther. Wait a second the familiar guy has a suit kind of like a black panther. I just sat there contemplating how I just met my dad without knowing it. Sam over comms took me out of my thoughts.

"No, you get to the jet! Both of you! The rest of us aren't getting out of here." Clint then chimed in.

"As much as I hate to admit it, if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it." Then Sam came on comms again.

"This isn't the real fight, Steve."

"Alright, Sam, what's the play?"

"We need a diversion, something big." Scott started talking.

" I got something kind of big, but I can't hold it very long. On my signal, run like hell. And if I tear myself in half . . . don't come back for me." Steve came back onto comms.

"You're sure about this, Scott?"

" I do it all the time. I mean once . . . in a lab. Then I passed out."

Scott grows into a towering Behemoth and grabs War Machine's leg. I ducked back down behind the boxes again.

Steve and Buck ended up getting to the plane and my biological dad never ended up coming back for me. Volt came and sat with me I didn't know where to go from here. After a while Tony found me and took me with him and the rest of team Stark. I don't know what happened to everyone else and no one will tell me either. Tony told me and Volt to wait in the lounge area while he went to go check on his friend. Volt looked at me with concern written in his eyes.

"Are you ok? You haven't talked since Tony found you."

"He forgot about me. I guess it should be expected though."

"Why do you say that?"

"It's not like he ever cared about me anyway. He left mom and me."

"How do you know that? Did your mother tell your that?"

"Well, no but he wasn't there when I was growing up. What else was I supposed to think."

"Remind me how old you are."

"I'm 9."

"So, you're still a child. He has time to make up the lost years. You've just got to give him a chance."

"Fine I'll give him a chance."

Our tie was broken just as Tony walked out. 

"Come on kid I have to pay someone a visit."