I'm Getting Tired of This

I sat on the couch in the dark living room. Tony had dropped me off some hours ago. He trusted Vision to keep me out of trouble. Wanda was sleep and Vision had gone off to do something trusting that I would stay put. Since I didn't know my way around and didn't want to run the risk of getting lost, I sat. I was trying my hardest to stay awake. I looked to my side and saw Volt was already in a peaceful sleep. You know what I'm getting really tired of being left alone with my thoughts for long periods of time.

"Why are you still awake? It's late and a child your age should make sure they are getting enough sleep." I turned to see vision standing in the doorway with his arms crossed. 

" I can't sleep. You know it isn't super easy knowing a guy you were fighting against ends up being your father. The same father that abandoned you or you thought abandoned you." I spoke staring straight ahead like I had been before he turned my attention toward him. Vision walked over and sat beside me. 

"You should at least try to get some sleep. I could put you in one of the guest rooms for more comfort." I looked up at him.

"Nah it's fine. The couch is actually really nice." He smiled at bit and stood up.

"Alright have it your way. If you like this more, I am more than willing to accommodate to your needs. Give me one second." He walked off down a hallway. A minute later he came back with some pajamas for me along with a pillow and blanket. He placed the pillow and blanket in the chair next to the couch and headed me the pajamas.

"There is a bathroom down the hall. You can change in there." He pointed toward the direction he spoke of as he said it. I nodded and thanked him. I changed and walked back out to see the blanket spread on the couch and the pillow on top. I smiled and lay down pulling the cover over me. 

I woke up the next morning smelling breakfast. I sat up and saw Wanda cooking with Vision sitting at the counter watching and laughing as Wanda danced around the kitchen. Vision turned around to see me awake.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" I nodded and got up off the couch. I walked up to the counter and stood next to Vision.

"I hope you're hungry I made bacon, eggs, and some pancakes." She said while handing me the plate of food. I ate the food and then went to take a shower. Vision put some clothes outside the door for me. I changed and walked out to see Vision had gone and Wanda was sitting on the couch reading. I laughed a bit to myself. It looked like Volt was reading over her shoulder.

"Where did Vision go?" Wanda looked up at me.

"Tony and T'Challa  should be getting back around now so he went to get ready for them." I walked to the window overlooking the forest that was behind the compound.

"Are you excited to see your father?" I turned back toward Wanda.

"What?" She looked at me with a bit of confusion showing on her face. 

"Your father is T'Challa right?" She got up to walk toward me.

"You'd be right in this assessment. But I don't claim him as such just yet."

"Why not?" she put her hand on my shoulder. I was about to answer when we heard the elevator ding. Tony walked out and continued on his way not giving us a glance. T'Challa walked up to me and Wanda.

"Are you ready to go?"

"I need to make a stop first."

"Where?"