Afterwards

After the battle. Obsidian was numb and her heart torn out. Everyone had lost someone, but she lost him. Her true love. She had watched as he died protecting her from his crazy cousin. It was over. It was finally over, after all these years. She may not have been the one to have killed Voldemort but he was dead. She saw his cold, lifeless body lying next to Nymphadora. Her throat started to close up. She couldn't breathe. She couldn't think.

She bent down and kissed him one last time. In the bedtime stories she had read her kiss would've woken him up because it was 'true loves' kiss. But this was the real world. True loves kiss didn't exist, it couldn't undo any magic. It couldn't solve every problem the world threw at them. It was just a kiss after all.

It's been a month since the battle. Obsidian hardly leaves her room and when she does she doesn't speak. Obsidian hadn't spoken since that day. She couldn't, for if she tried she would just cry. The pain was too much for this young girl to handle.

There was a knock on Obsidians door. She didn't answer. She just sat there, staring out the window looking up at the moon. Her eyes were puffy and red from all of her tears. Her face still wet from her constant tears. The door creaked opened and it was her father. She knew she should be happy that her father survived the battle. That she wouldn't have to raise her little brother. She already had so many problems. One being she was pregnant. She wasnt feeling well so she did a spell and found out about a week ago.  She knew it was Sirius's child but he would never get to see it grow up. He would never get to laugh or hold the poor thing. Be there for its first breakup. Or on its wedding day. He would never get to see ots firsts. It's first steps, or words.

Remus walked in. He knew she was heartbroken. He sat down next to her, he found a letter and it was addressed to Obsidian. "Here I found this. It's for you" Remus said. He didn't read it but he knew it was from him. He placed the letter on the floor by her feet. "I know it's hard right now but it will get better" he said to her. Obsidian just stayed silent. There was a frown on Remus's face. He hadn't heard her voice since that day. He missed her smile and her laugh. He got up and left the room. Leaving her alone. He knew that no matter whose to come in the future she would never love someone like that again.

Obsidian sat there. Silent as she watched her father leave. She picked up the envelope it was "To my Dearest Love". Her hands trembled as she held the letter. She knew what it would say but she couldn't. She opened it anyway.

To My Love,

If you're reading this then I am no longer with you. I am so sorry my love. I know you're upset now but it will get easier, I promise.

You are the best thing to happen to me. My life was dull and grey until you came into my life. I am sorry that we didn't get the life we wanted. The life you deserve. I'm not sorry I got to know you. Most of all I'm not sorry I loved you.

When you look up to the sky on those particularly hard night know that I'm watching over you and that I'm rooting for you. I know you're going to want to stay in you're room and shut people out but you can't do that. You need to let people in.

I need you to live your life. Don't mourn my life instead Celebrate that I lived. When you look back on these memories we share I want you to smile not cry.

I will always love you, little one.
Forever Yours, S.B.

She cliched the piece of paper as if it was the onlything holding her to the floor. Like if she let go she would float away. She wiped the tears falling onto her cheeks. He was right. She needed to live her life in his memory. She got up and went downstairs and was greeted by sad smiles with pity in their eyes. They had all lost someone, a family member or a friend. Obsidian walked past all of them and went outside. She looked up into the moonlit night sky and said "I miss you so much but I promise I'll make you proud."

It started raining, she looked up again and started spinging. Remus watched his daughter spin in the rain. He smiled, it was then when he knew she would be okay. He looked up at the moon and said "Pads she'll be just fine".

*4 years later*

Obsidian was outside playing with her almost four year old son Sirius. She watches as he runs away laughing. He came back and said "Mama..." She looked down at her sweet boy and said "yes dear?". He grabbed her hand and said "you're my mum right?" She nodded and he continued "so who's my dad?". She froze, she knew she'd have to tell him one day. "Your father was a brave man. You're actually named after him. When you're older I'll explain". Her son nodded and ent back to playing.

Sirius, oh how she missed him. Not a day goes by that she doesn't think about him. She sees him in her son. In his smile and laugher. Not long after Sirius had died and the war was won a lawyer stopped by to read his will. Sirius had left everything he owned to Obsidian and Harry. Harry told Obsidian she could keep it all, he had enough money he said. She moved into the Black estate. It was enormous. When she first moved in she walked the halls everyday, sliding her fingers along the walls. One day she came across a room, it had what looked like the Black family tree. She saw how some faces were burned off. She found Sirius's and his face was one of the faces burnt off, when she saw that she started tearing the wallpaper off while she screamed and cried. She needed him, she didn't know how to live without him. She didn't know how she was going to raise his child, or even if she was going to be a good mother. All she knew was that she was going to do her very best.

"Mama....mama....Mama" her son shook her from her memory. "Yes baby?  she said. "Can we visit grandpa and uncle Harry soon?" She smiled at her sweet boy, "of course dear. I'll send a letter and ask when a good time would be. Now how about we go make so food and I'll tell you a story about your father?". She watched as her son ran to the Manor and called for her to hurry