Years Later

It's been seven years since I asked my mum who my father was. She use to tell me stories every night of him and how brave of a man he was. My name is Sirius Black IV and I'll be starting Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in about a week. All my life I've wondered if I'll be sorted into Gryffindor, like my father, or Slytherin, like my mother. Perhaps I'll be in a separate house entirely. Either way I knew my mother wouldn't care.

I was looking over my Hogwarts letter to see what I would need to buy for the school year. Money wasn't an issue seeing as my late father was wealthy, and it wasn't "new money" wealthy this was old money wealthy. My mother once explained that I was apart of an old pureblooded family but they weren't good people she said, many of them were deatheaters.

"Hey mum, we can get all of this at Diagon Alley right?" I asked my mother. She looked up from the picture of my father she was holding and said "yes dear, I can't wait until you get your first wand and meet Ollivander. He remembers every wand he ever sold." When she and I weren't doing something together, she would sit in the chair and hold the only picture of my father. I knew she missed him and it hurt me that I couldn't make her as happy as he did. "Mum what is for dinner?" I asked. "Hmm" she thought "well love what would you like? Do you want me to make something? Visit a family member? Or go out to eat?" She asked me. "Well I was wondering I we could go it Uncle Harry's or Uncle Fred's?"

"Alright dear, let's see who is home." She grabbed her wand, held my hand and with a flick of her wrist we popped into Uncle Fred's place. We where in the livingroom when he came running down.

Fred was upstairs when there was a crash from downstairs. He went running down to see the back of Obsidian's head. He smirked, leaned against the door frame and said "you never give a warning do you?" He watched as she slowly turned around and tilt her head "Hey Freddie boy, how's life been?" He hugged her and said "good, the shops been busy but it's been good." He leaned back, looked in her eyes and said "are you okay?" She nodded and said "yup, Sirius here wanted to visit for supper and who better to drop in on than you?" Fred could tell even after all these years she was sill hurting. But little by little she was getting back to that firey girl he remember form her fist year.

Sirius watched how his mum and Uncle Fred interacted. He wondered how it would be if they started seeing eachother. He smiled to himself and said "so what's for supper?" They laughed and Uncle Fred said "well little dude, what do you want?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay how about—Mac-n-cheese with hotdogs?" My mother laughed and said "Ooo yes! I haven't had that since I was a child". I smiled and nod my head, I've never had it but whatever make my mother happy. Even if it's something as simple as a fun dinner.

*One week later*

It's six in the morning when my mother came rushing in. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" she said excitedly. I yawned "what is it?" She tilt her head and said "what is it?! It Hogwarts day! That's what it is! Come on let's go get the rest of your things and then it's off to get your wand!" She was way more excited for this than I was. It was just school, you would think after all the stories she had told me about what happened while she was in school she would be scared to let me go.

Obsidian looked at her boy. She couldnt believe it had been a little over eleven years since he died. He was standing at the car putting his trunk in the backseat. She knew in no time he was going to graduate Hogwarts. It was so far away and yet so close. They got in the car and headed to Diagon Alley. "Sirius? Look we're here." He looked up and smiled. He looked so much like his father it was unreal. Every day he looks more and more like him. They got out of the car and Obsidian basically dragged her son to Ollivanders "would you like if I waited out here or go in with you?"
she asked him. He looked up and said "would it hurt you if you went in with me? I don't want memories to come back that will set you back." She smile down when Fred came and put his arm around her shoulder.

"If you'd like I'll go in with you." he said. She looked up and smiled. "Hey Freddie, what are you doing here?" she asked. "Well I knew coming back her would bring back memories and those would lead to the years to come and you'd get upset so I figured I'd come for support. Plus Bills daughter is starting and so is Teddy." Fred said as if she was an after thought. He had always liked her but never told anyone. Not even his twin. After she got with Sirius he knew he'd never be able to tell her because it would be selfish of himself. "Oh no you don't have to do that, I miss Ollivander. Come on Sirius" and all three walked in.

Sirius looked up when the bell dinged. An old man walked out from the back "ahh hello Miss Obsidian and is that Fred Weasley?" Sirius saw his mum smile "Hello Ollivander, it's nice to see you again" she said. He nodded and said "you too, now this must be the young Sirius Black." He looked down at Sirius "it's nice to meet you sir." Sirius said as he extended his hand to the shop owner. "Now now, no need for that. I remember when your father came in for his first wand. A Reed wand with a Dragon heartstring core. He was a very powerful wizard." Ollivander said "such a shame what happened to him." The shop owner looked at his mum and said "I am so sorry for your loss. He was a brave young man." He looked back at Sirius and said "let's find your wand shall we?"

The first wand Ollivander handed to Sirius was a bust. He gave it a wave and made the lights explode. The second wand that was handed to Sirius made him accidentally throw Uncle Fred into a wall. Ollivander went to the highest part of his shop and grabbed a third wand. "Hmm I wonder..." he said. Sirius grabbed it, he felt a wave of magic flow through him. "Curious" Ollivander mumbled. "This wand is a sign that you will be a very powerful wizard. In all my years this wand has never choosen anyone. Its Curious that it has chosen you."

Sirius looked up and asked "what do you mean the wand chose me? It just a wand." Ollivander looked at the boy "the wand chooses the wizard, not the other way around." and with that he disappeared.

They all left the shop and headed to the platform. All three ran through the wall to get on the platform. Sirius looked around in awe. He had never seen so many witch's and wizards in one place. "Alright dear now I want you to make friends and lots of memories, you never know what will happen. Accept everyone regardless of what house or what their blood is. As soon as you get a chance write me, tell me everything you've done amd what your house is." Sirius's mum said. She pulled him in a hug and said "Alright have fun and look out for Teddy. There's one more thing, there's going to be a child with the last name Malfoy, I need you to treat them like you would anyone else. I do not know how they've been raised but treat them nicely. Their father was brought up in the worse kind of home and no one helped him so history doesn't repeat I need you to so better than my class had." And she sent him on the train.

Obsidian waved to Sirius as the train left the station. She knew he was going to be a great wizard one day. When she could no longer see the train she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Fred noticed and said "Hey let's go somewhere." She laughed and asked "where would we go?" Fred was silent for a second shrugged his shoulders and said "anywhere you wanna go." Obsidian smiled and said "you wanna meet some friends of mine? I haven't seen them in over eleven years." He nodded and she said "okay hold on" and they disappeared.