Coming back to life

Santa did as Jack asked and quickly flew down into Halloween Town. Jack quickly said a thank you and rushed you to Dr. Finklesteins manor as fast as his long legs could. He held onto your lifeless body so hard and wouldn't stop for anything until he got to Dr. Finklesteins manor. He finally made it there and burst through the door and raced up to the lab. Once he was there, Dr. Finklestein quickly noticed him and you. "Doctor! Please help her"!

"Put her on the table".

Jack went over and carefully laid you out onto the table. Dr. Finklestein wheeled over and started examining you and Sally had come up to the lab as well. "Jack"?

"Oh, Sally". Sally walked over and saw you on the table and looked very upset. "Oh, Jack. I'm so sorry". Sally got close to him and Jack hugged her. "I- I can't lose her, Sally".

"You won't, Jack. I bet she'll make it". Jack only looked back to see you and Dr. Finklestein getting some equipment out. "I hope so". Jack then saw Dr. Finklestein placed special conductors on your head, hands and feet. "Dr"?

"I'm sorry, Jack, but she's gone. The only way to help her is to make her like us".

"What? Please tell me your not doing that"?

"I'm afraid there are no other options, Jack. But don't worry, I'll will still try to have her look exactly the same". Dr. Finklestein got to work and gave the necessary injections and Jack was beyond words. He was scared for you. He wasn't sure how you would react to losing your mortality and not looking the same as before but he could only wait. Every second felt like a year and he could finally say that he now fully understood the true meaning of anxiety. Your anxiety had certainly started diminishing over the year that you've been with him and it made you feel better to finally have a huge weight lifted off of your shoulders.

But now, playing the waiting game was literally destroying him. It would take awhile until Dr. Finklestein finished the procedure and Jack was committed to staying there all night if needed. Not that Dr. Finklestein minded but he would have to be really focused. But hearing the sounds of what sounded like an explosion and static electricity made Jack and Sally rush back up to the lab to see that Dr. Finklestein having so much electricity pulsating through your body. Jack watched in horror and thought this wouldn't help you since your a human.

Would this even work?

But suddenly the electricity was cut off and all was silent for a moment. The sounds of a painful moan made Jack rush to the table and see you barely open your eyes. They looked the same, but your whole body was a sickly pale color with obvious scars and small rips in your clothes.

"(Y/n)! Are you alright"!? Jack held you up and could tell you were incredibly weak. "Oh, my queen, are you alright"? You only groaned in pain as a response. "Jack" Dr. Finklestein said to Jack. "It's best to let her rest. She'll be weak for a little bit". Jack quickly understood and picked you up and carried you back to the house. All of the monsters of Halloween town were in the town square, awaiting for Jack to share the news of his success but instead, they watched in silence as Jack carried you through the town square in sad silence.

The monsters were shocked at what they were seeing and didn't dare to make a sound. Jack wasn't followed by anyone and just returned to his home and placed you in the bed. He didn't dare to leave the room and would wait for as long as it takes to see how your feeling. It felt like an eternity of sitting on the bed in silence and taking occasional glances to make sure your still ok. It wasn't until after two hours that Jack felt a hand touch his hand and he looked over to see you awake. He quickly got up and got down on his knees to get close to you. "Jack? What happened" you asked tiredly.

"I'm so sorry, (Y/n). But you died and Dr. Finklestein ha-"

"What"!? You tried to sit up but Jack stopped you and gently laid you back down. "Easy. Yes, I'm afraid it's true. But Dr. Finklestein did what he had to do and he brought you back".

"I'm so cold". You gently sat up and looked down at your arms. They were sickly pale and had some small scars going up them. You only looked horrified and gently stood up with Jacks help. "What does my face look like" you asked nervously. Jack didn't respond and only guided you to a large body mirror to show you how you looked. Your facial features looked the same, it was just the flesh tone and small scars. It was definitely something to get used to. "(Y/n), no matter what you look like, I will still always love you. You'll forever be my pumpkin queen".

You started crying and embraced Jack so tightly, expressing your love for him. Jack held you tightly and knew this would be a huge adjustment but he would be there for you every step of the way as promised. He would never leave the love of his immortal life behind. Never!

Authors notes:

Ok. All I can say is that after this chapter will be the official final chapter. The epilogue. I might even put up a message chapter after that just to see what people think of this final story.

Sorry for any typos that you discover.

Make sure to follow me for future updates!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed, bye bye😊