Another new Halloween?

With you and Jack as the rulers of Halloween, Jack still felt like there could be ways of making Halloween more terrifying. He asked you if you had any ideas but you didn't have any ideas. You would throw out ideas but apparently they would've already been used.

Fake burning corpses?

No.

Giants eating people?

No.

Man eating fish monsters?

No.

How about floating evil pumpkin heads?

No.

Ideas were getting slimmer and slimmer. You eventually ran out of ideas but still tried to find new ideas. But that could wait for now.

A lot of time has passed and it was now Halloween once again. The monsters of Halloween town were unleashed and went out to terrify everyone carefully. Why carefully? What if someone was recording? You don't think for second that they would send it to the police and then there would be a massive hunt for the monsters? They could even find the holiday doors! Then everyone would be screwed! You mentioned this to Jack and he assured you that it would be ok. They've done this for two thousand years and that they have never been caught.

You and Jack stayed back from the action to observe the monsters in action through the witches cauldron. You both laughed and enjoyed every second of it. And sure enough, when they all finished and came back, it was time for the award ceremony. It was decided to celebrate it in the town hall rather than near the fountain. A much better choice to be honest. When it was Jack's turn to accept the award for best leader, again, he stepped onto the stage and bowed. "Another magnificent Halloween, Jack"!

"This year's Halloween was the most horrible yet! Thank you all once again"! Jack stepped back as the curtain closed. But his smile quickly faded as he started to think. "What's wrong" you asked.

"Something's missing. There's got to be another way to make Halloween more hideous, more terrifying, more frightening". You approached Jack and gently took his bony hand. "There is a way, we just haven't found it yet". He smiled at you and kissed your head. "I know, but this can't go on. We've got to do better".

"And we will. I think we've had a long day. What should we do now"?

"I should go speak with the doctor. Why don't you head back to the tower. I'll be there soon". You nooded and you kissed his skull as you left. When you were out of eye level, Jack left and headed to the laboratory. He had something in mind that maybe Dr. Finklestein could help him with. Maybe. Jack made it to his laboratory and called out to him to let him know that he was here. "Ah, Jack. How can I help you"?

"I need your help Doctor".

"With what, Jack"?

"A new Halloween"!

"A new Halloween"?

"A fresh, new and improved Halloween, doctor. After last year, we can't just do the same old thing. We all should be inspired to do something different. We need new scares, new ideas, new discoveries".

"New discoveries, eh. I think I have just the kind of thing your talking about". Dr wheeled himself over to the nearest table and pulled out a small jar with a small and bouncy slime ball. "I call it the soul robber. Take it, Jack. I'm sure it will come in handy". Jack slowly opened up the jar and the slime quickly wrapped around his bony wrist. It startled him and when he waved his hand around to see if it would do anything, it stretched out very far and had a small hand appear to grab a hold of a Jack-o-lantern and quickly returned to Jack.

"Amazing" Jack said. "Exactly doctor, exactly! That settles it. I'll head out in search of more new discoveries for next year's Halloween. Oh, and doctor, will you watch over Halloween town with (Y/n)"?

"Oh, now I'm certainly looking forward to next years Halloween". The doctor wheeled away and Jack left the building. As Jack left the building, three little miscreants came out and heard the whole conversation.

"Jack's leaving town"!

"Now we can bring back Oogie"!

"How hard can it be"!

They laughed mischievously and ran off while Jack kept heading back to his tower. He wasn't exactly sure how to break it to you that he was leaving without you but he figured that since you've lived here for a whole year, you should understand how things work. When Jack walked through the door, he called out to you, as usual. "(Y/n)? Are you here"?

"Yeah. I'm up here with Zero".

Jack walked up the tall stairs and saw you playing with Zero. You smiled at him and asked, "What did you need to ask the doctor about? And... And what is that on your wrist"?

"It's called a soul robber. The doctors letting me borrow it for something. That's what I wanted to speak to you about. (Y/n), I have to leave for a little while. I'm heading out to find new discoveries for next year's Halloween".

"What? Don't you remember what happened last time? That incident with Christmas and everything-"

"I know I know, but this is different. (Y/n), I know that your still adjusting to this new environment but I need you to watch over Halloween town while I'm gone. And don't worry about doing this alone, the doctor will be helping as well. I may be gone awhile but I will definitely be back before Christmas. Ok"?

You sighed and embraced Jack tightly to which he returned. "Please be careful and come back as soon as possible".

"I promise my queen" Jack whispered, "I love you". The both of you then kissed as Jack knew it was time to go. Jack slowly let go of your hands and walked out the door. When he was completely out of view, you and Zero looked at each other. Zero started to whine and you said, "It's ok boy, Jack keeps his promises. He'll be back".

You then whispered to yourself, "I know he will".

Author's notes:

Ok, how is it so far? I'm really trying my best and I think it's ok. But what really matters to me is feedback from you guys. Like typos for example. Sometimes I will accidentally put "amd" when I ment to put "and" or sometimes I will put "ypu" when I ment to put "you". Those are the common typos I have.

Sorry for any typos that you discover.

Please leave a vote and make sure to follow me for future updates!

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed, bye bye 😊