hyacinth - . 15

The hyacinth flower is a lovely cool weather perennial plant formerly considered related to the lily and has now been placed in the family of Asparagaceae. Growing wild in parts of Iran and Turkmenistan next to the Caspian Sea, these outstanding garden plants have evolved into a favorite of the spring garden. With many star-shaped flowers per plant, these flowers make a beautiful effect when planted in swaths and drifts of solid colors. They are available from the palest pinks to the deepest magenta. There are also some beautiful blues including a soft baby blue and a striking, deep indigo blue. This fragrant spring flower is also available in red, burgundy, orange, white, yellow, purple, and lilac. Yellow hyacinths are often said to represent inner jealousy, while white represents loveliness.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Thursday, 7:42 a.m. - one day until acceptance letter is received

     THE VAGUE sound of rain splattering against the window greeted your ears once more upon the arrival of your consciousness, the thin, fragile rivers being painted by each droplet subduing your senses. Your room smelled of freshly bloomed hyacinth, the powerful floral scent harboring both sweetened and spiced notes, wafting through your nostrils in a comforting fashion. Unlike other days, you had woken up at a reasonable time.

     Go you!

     A gentle sigh escaped the rosy hue of your lips, the soles of your feet kissing the wooden floor beneath you following the swinging of your legs over the side of your mattress. The air was rather damp, prompting a small chill to carve its way through your spine. Using the palms of your hands to push yourself up, you lifted your arms into the air and arched your back slightly, a dull crack resonating throughout the room.

     Is it healthy to crack your back? For your sake, I sure hope so.

     Rubbing your face in an unflattering manner, you recalled the previous night's events; Katsuki had left relatively quickly after the two of you confronted your inner turmoil, though he made sure to, albeit awkwardly and with seemingly great annoyance, give you a small hug. It was chaste, yet the warmth that flooded your body was more than enough to erupt a gentle smile from your features and give you a false sense of security. Smiling at the memory, you slowly sauntered toward your closet, scanning through various articles of clothing. Having forgotten to do your laundry, you had nearly halved your options. After weighing the aforementioned options, you eventually decided on a white, collared button-up, hastily throwing a patterned sweater vest over it, which was a similar color to kraft paper. For the bottom half of your outfit, a black pleated skirt greeted the plush skin of your thighs, tightened with a matching belt at your waist. Lazily sliding on a pair of white frilled socks, you secured a pair of black mary-janes to your feet, a half-hearted twirl being taken in the mirror's view.

     You're absolutely adorable. I'm surprised you don't have suitors bringing you flowers every day, really ... perhaps I should make our favorite students do as such.

     Just kidding.

     For now, at least.

     Unplugging your phone from the outlet beside your nightstand, you were greeted with a measly two notifications. Of course, Neko Atsume had come back to haunt you. Curse Tubbs, that sweet little horrendous cat. If he wasn't so cute you'd probably have thrown your phone at the mere sight of him. Regardless, sliding the game notification away, you were delighted to see that Katsuki had sent you a text.

Hydrangea <3:
Oi.
Let me know when you get your acceptance letter.

     Your smile grew tenfold. He believed you'd make it to U.A. You hurriedly tapped the pads of your fingers against the smooth screen of your phone, grin growing to reach your eyes.