2: The Past

*Third POV*
-1659-

"Beatrice," a masculine voice called to the young woman sitting under a tree reading a book, "We have guests coming over my dear," Jonathan Heinz smiled at his only daughter.

Beatrice looked up at her father and smiled as he extended a hand to help her from the ground, she brushed off her dress, "I'll go and prepare myself then father," they walked together in silence until Beatrice spoke up again, "Oh, father I was hoping to bring some food to the Thompson household tonight if that's alright with you," she asked politely as she was raised.

"Of course, it is honey," Her father assured her, "Let's get through tonight first though."

"Yes father," Beatrice said and walked inside with her father before she was hurried up to her room by one of the maids, once she entered her room, she was stripped of her regular day dresses and hurried into her bathroom to bathe after being outside. When she was finished, she was helped into a corset and then into her favorite red dress with matching heels and a red rose flower crown. Her maids helped her downstairs before leaving her with her parents at the bottom of the stairwell.

Just as she adjusted her dress, there was a knock at the door, a butler opened it to reveal two men both with golden locks and blue eyes standing proudly together, though the younger stood slightly behind the older. It was Pastor Cullen and his only son, Carlisle.

"Jonathan my old friend!" Pastor Cullen cheered and wrapped Jonathan into a hug before turning to the lady of the household, "And Miriam, you look lovely as always," he kissed her hand gently before his eyes settled on Beatrice, "Who is this?"

Beatrice smiled and curtsied, "My name is Beatrice, sir," She spoke gently and politely, "I'm their daughter," she stood to her full height.

Pastor Cullen let out a belied laugh, "Such manners, just like your mother," he chuckled before gesturing to the man behind him, "This is my son, Carlisle."

Carlisle stepped forward and bowed to the lady and lord of the house, "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Lord and Lady Jones," he said before turning to Beatrice, he paused for a moment as his eyes widened in awe, he quickly cleared his throat and bowed to Beatrice, "It's lovely to meet you, Beatrice," he gently took her hand and kissed her knuckles while looking up at her through his lashes.

Beatrice blushed and covered her face slightly, "The pleasure is all mine Carlisle," she replied with a soft giggle before he let go of her hand.

"Well, I'd say it's about time for supper," Jonathan announced and Miriam took hold of his arm as he led her and Pastor Cullen to the dining hall.

Carlisle extend his arm for Beatrice, who happily grasped the inner of his elbow and they walked together into the hall, Jonathan sat at the head of the table with Miriam to his left and Pastor Cullen to her left. On his right, Beatrice sat down and Carlisle pushed her chair in for her before taking a seat to her right.

Supper was served and everyone engaged in conversation, Jonathan, Miriam, and Pastor Cullen engaged in their own while Carlisle and Beatrice talked amongst themselves.

"If you don't mind my asking," Carlisle started, "How old are you?"

Beatrice giggled, "You should know not to ask a woman her age but I recently turned eighteen years old," she explained and took a bite of her food.

"That means you will be married off soon does it not?" Carlisle asked as he too ate some of his meal.

Beatrice swallowed her food and shook her head, "No, mother and father are letting me find my husband, they want me to fall in love instead of choosing for me," she explained with a soft smile, "May I ask how old you are Carlisle?"

Carlisle chuckled, "I am nineteen years old," he stated.

They went back and forth asking each other questions all through dinner, they did not notice the looks that their parents were giving them. Supper was finished and the parents were about to retire to the parlor to relax some when Beatrice spoke up, "Mother, father," she called, causing the two to turn to her, "I'm going to take some food to the Thompson's house now."

"That's alright honey," Miriam said with a smile.

Pastor Cullen then spoke up, "Carlisle why don't you go with her," he suggested.

Carlisle looked at Beatrice, "If that's okay with you, my lady," he asked.

Beatrice giggled, "Of course, that's fine Carlisle," she said and walked towards the kitchen, "It's better to have an extra set of hands."

-Time Skip 4 Months-

A couple of months have passed and the two teens have only gotten closer together, they were slowly falling for each other until one day, Carlisle arrived at the Jones household wanting to speak with Jonathan. They sat in Jonathan's office as he poured the two of them a cup of brandy, "What can I do for you Carlisle?" he asked handing him a cup.

"I was hoping to get your approval to court Beatrice," Carlisle proposed.

Jonathan stared at him before a smirk became of his features, "And pray to tell, should I do such a thing?" he questioned.

Knowing this would happen, Carlisle smirked in return, "I find your daughter to be quite beautiful and intelligent, I don't want her simply for a trophy wife, but I want her for she is the most beautiful and stunning person I have ever met," he expressed with a soft smile as he swirled his glass of brandy.

Jonathan barked out a loud laugh, "Well you'd be the first to say all that," he chortled, "All the others have simply wanted her for her beauty and nothing else," he chuckles soon silenced, "But you Carlisle, you want her not for her beauty but for who she is," Jonathan stalked towards Carlisle, "I give you my blessing," they clinked glasses and downed their drink when the door opened behind them to reveal Beatrice who had eavesdropped.

"And I happily accept your proposal, Carlisle," She smiled happily and wrapped her arms around his neck as she giggled uncontrollably, Carlisle wrapped his arms around his new fiancée and chuckled with her.