3: New Home

*Third POV*

The Olympic coven, more commonly known as the Cullen family, and also known as the Cullen clan, or Cullen coven, is a coven of vegetarian vampires. It consists of Carlisle, Esme, Connor, Alice, Emmett, and Edward Cullen, as well as Rosalie and Jasper Hale. Five of the eight members are supernaturally gifted.

The Cullens are the third largest and most powerful coven, with only the Volturi ranking higher in number and power, but more mature and stable than most others, a result of abstaining from human blood and hunger for power.

They are known to be very loyal to each other and put more value on human life than most other vampires. Abstaining from human blood takes the competitive aspect out of their hunting instincts, and as a result, allows them to form stronger family bonds than traditional vampires. They currently live in Forks, Washington, which they have no plans of leaving unless forced to.

The Cullens prefer to stay in one place as long as possible, choosing cloudy climates where they can go outside during the day without revealing their inhuman nature. But after 6-7 years, they are forced to move on before their lack of aging is noticed. They own several residences so that they can return to places they have especially enjoyed—but only after enough time has passed that they won't be recognized as the same people who once lived there.

Each member maintains several well-tended identities, complete with documents to support them, which allows the Cullens to establish themselves in new locations as necessary.

Each time the Cullens move to a new place, the relationships they claim to share may shift, too. In one place, two members might pose as father and adopted son, in another, brothers, or uncle and nephew. Regardless, the bonds of love and respect between them are the same.

They were the only vampiric coven for miles until a new house was being built at least 15 miles from their own home, up in the mountains. It was secluded on 1.63 acres, this newly constructed magnificent modern French provincial estate. Spread over 1.63 acres, the home has countless custom features and finishes including antique wood beams adorning the ceilings paneled walls & stately millwork, and wide-plank walnut wenge and oak floors throughout. The double-height foyer leads to an open and airy interior with high ceilings and sensational details. An elegant living room faces a magnificent chef's kitchen complete with an inviting eat-in nook. Expansive accordion doors open to an outdoor oasis with an oversized pool/spa, basketball court, lush lawns, serene atrium, goldfish pond, rose garden, conservatory pergolas firepit, and a charming orchard and vegetable garden. 

An exquisite primary suite with an expansive view off the private balcony features a luxurious bathroom with Borghini marble and custom vanities. The subterranean level features a 15-seat theatre wine cellar and a rare 9+ car garage.

The Cullens stood in front of their home watching as trucks drove past their house and down the road, "Who do you think is moving there?" Alice asked even though she knew.

"I'm not sure," Carlisle sighed, "But we have to be careful from now on, understand?" his coven agreed and he walked inside with a solemn expression.

"Why does Carlisle never look happy," Alice wondered from her place next to her husband, Jasper, who wrapped an arm around her waist.

Edward sighed, "I think it's because he lost someone when he was changed," he said causing eyes to turn to him, "When I was changed, he always thought of this one woman, Beatrice I believe her name was...I don't remember what she looks like though," this insight helped them understand Carlisle a little more.

Suddenly Alice was pulled into a vision.

*Vision*

Seven pairs of feet were running, jumping into trees, and over fallen branches, three girls and four boys. They were all laughing together when suddenly they stopped, all in trees.

They were looking down at the Cullens, a dark-haired woman gasped and froze before she sped back the way they came the other six following her.

Carlisle ran after them with the family following.

*Vision end*

Alice gasped, "I think I know what she looks like," she whispered before hurrying inside and grabbing her sketchbook before she started drawing as fast as she can. She slowly finished and turned the paper to her family that had followed her inside.

"That's her," Edward gasped, "That's Beatrice."

"What's going on here?" Carlisle demanded to know.

Alice was still holding the sketch of Beatrice that was facing him, "Who is Beatrice, Carlisle?" Rosalie asked.

"That's none of your concern," Carlisle hissed which frightened his family, he quickly cleared his throat, "Beatrice is no longer with us, and she's never coming back."

*Beatrice's POV*

I sneezed from my spot in the driver seat of my 1968 Ford Fairlane Torino GT that I had parked in front of the hospital. I became the newest Neurosurgeon, and I was the top surgeon in the continental US, although my career changes every few years when people start to forget about me. I climbed out of my car and walked inside, many heads turned and mouths dropped at the sight of me when I got to the reception I asked, "Where would I find the chief?"

The nurse stuttered for a second before clearing her throat, "U-umm, you just go down this hallway, take an elevator to the top floor and he's the third office on the left," she stuttered with a flushed face.

I smiled politely, "Thank you very much," I paused and looked at her name tag, "Olivia," and I went on my way following her directions until I stood outside the office. I inhaled deeply and knocked on the door waiting to be let in.

"Come in," an old and gruff voice called out.

I pushed open the door and saw the chief sitting at his desk filing paperwork, he was an older gentleman with greying hair and a white beard forming on his face. He looked up and quickly jumped to his feet, "Dr. Heinz," he greeted and hurried around his desk, "A pleasure to meet you," he shook my hand heartily.

I giggled slightly, "The pleasure is all mine sir," I replied.

He gestured out of his office, "I'll show you towards your new office and get you situated, shall we?" he suggested.

I smiled, "Sounds like a plan, Chief," I giggled and walked next to him.

*Third POV*

Carlisle sat inside his home office just staring at a chest that held something special, he could only see her eyes from the small opening of the chest, he didn't have the heart to open it fully. There was suddenly a knock on his door that had him shoot out of his chair, and shut the chest as gently as he could before turning to the door, "Come in," he called.

It was Alice. She looked fearful, "We may have a problem," she said and walked into his office, "The people I saw, I know you might not believe it but the girl knew you-"

"Alice," I started sternly causing her mouth to clamp shut, "Your vision is sometimes wrong sweetheart, Beatrice died over three hundred years ago."

"How do you know?" she dared to ask, "You know that we feel a pull in the direction of our mates, and that pull gets stronger when they're in the vicinity," she paused and stared at me, "You can feel the pull even now, can't you Carlisle?"

"It doesn't matter," I said, "That woman is not my wife," I turned away from her and faced the window, "Is there anything else you needed?"

"They're vampires," she stated.

I swung to look at her, "What?" I questioned.

"The new family," she confirmed, "They're vampires, like us."

I felt my dead heart skip a beat, "We have an even bigger problem now," I muttered knowing the house could hear me, "If more vampires have come to this land without consulting the tribe, we're all in danger."