9: Finding Each Other

*Third POV*

Time had passed as slowly as it ever did for the two families of Cold Ones, and every day became routine, the Heinz children would be ready for school as early as they could with their lunches packed as they all waited for their respective parents to wish them a good day. The Cullen children were somewhat opposite, the children got ready whenever they wanted but still had their father wish them a good day before he left for work. Beatrice spent her mornings cooking breakfast for her family before getting ready for another day at the hospital saving the lives of infants. While Ian and Mateo regularly spent their morning declaring their love for each other.

Though every day was the same, the smiles never left the Heinz family's faces. Even though school was great for them, they had made many friends and individually each Heinz child knew one of the Cullen/Hale children. Though every day during lunch they were off, each would sit with their respective family but the Cullens did nothing but stare at the Heinz and Reinhart children and teacher until the bell rang for the next class.

It was a new day for the Heinz family, but alas the sun had decided to grace Forks with its monthly presence so none were able to leave the house for the day. Beatrice sighed as she hung up the phone to the school, "So the school believes that we've all fallen ill due to a cold I "accidentally" brought back from the hospital," she stated to the family that sat in the living room. The children all collectively groaned at the thought of pretending to be recovering from a sickness when they get back to school, Beatrice smiled and went into her office to continue with her work.

As she was tying an email to a patient of their results, her eyes caught sight of her wedding ring. Unlike her husband, or is he her ex-husband, his wedding ring was a simple Gold band while her ring was designed by the man himself. Her ring was simple but beautiful, it has a golden band with a 2-carat princess cut diamond. Simple but beautiful.

Her then-husband had designed her an extravagant ring but she wanted something simple, venom lined Beatrice's eyes. She twisted the band back and forth on her finger before taking a deep breath as a knock sounded. With a clear of her throat, she called out, "Come in."

"You're thinking about him again, aren't you?" Ian questioned as he leaned against the doorway.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Beatrice denied before continuing her email.

"Come on, Bea," Ian scoffed as he closed the door, "You said you smelt him, and you can feel a pull, why are you trying to deny the fact that he might be alive? Stop being a fucking child about it all and-" Ian was cut off as Beatrice slammed her hands on her desk and stood up.

"You think I haven't considered that he might be alive?!" She yelled with venom, "You think that I'm being a child about all this?! So what if he's alive, he didn't bother coming to see me before he left!" The angrier she got the louder her screams were, "He left me and our son!" She sobbed heavily as she collapsed behind her desk, Ian shocked hurried over and cradled her to his chest, comforting her and shushing her, "He left us...to fend for ourselves, Ian..." She sobbed her heart out, "Why...why did he leave me? Why do I still love him?"

"I don't know Bea," Ian comforted as he leaned against the wall, "I really don't."

They sat there for a few minutes before Mateo joined them, he sat beside Beatrice and leaned on her shoulder. Then all the kids joined the pile, Christian couldn't help but feel angry and disgusted at the fact his father left with no explanation, while the other kids just focused on comforting their mother/aunt.

"I have an idea," Lillian spoke up with a cheery attitude, "Why don't we all go hunting together tonight!"

Beatrice smiled at her niece, "That sounds like a great idea, sweetie," She replied and wiped her eyes, "For now, I'd like to be left alone," she requested. Each family member gave her a kiss on either her forehead or cheek before they made their way out of the room until it was just Christian and Beatrice.