8: Event Preparations

*Third POV*

The Heinz children all sat around their table, each had brought their food from home. Malia brought spaghetti and meatballs infused with the blood of a stag, Nathaniel brought pizza infused with the blood of a bear, Lillian brought red velvet cake infused with the blood of a doe and Christian brought a little bowl of spaghetti and cake both infused with the blood of a mountain lion. Beatrice had found a way to infuse their meals with blood to make it easier to blend in wherever they decided to live.

The Cullen family sat at their table shocked that they were eating food, that's when Ian made his entrance and all eyes turned to him. Malia groaned and tilted her head back while Lillian smiled happily and hurried over to him, she wrapped her arms around his own and kissed his cheek, "Hi Papa!" she cheered, "The others and I saved you a seat."

With that she dragged her father over to their table, he chuckled at his over-excitable adoptive daughter as he sat down between Christian and Nathaniel, "So your mother called me earlier," Ian stated, "She wants you, girls, to go with her and find a dress for the gala next month, and she wants us boys, including Mateo, to find appropriate attire because we're all going."

Christian and Nathaniel groaned about having to wear suits, but the girls squealed at the idea of wearing a fancy dress. Ian smiled at their reactions before freezing, he felt the gazes of the Cullen family on his back, this caused him to turn to them and raise an eyebrow in confusion. This caused them all to avert their stares and engage in a conversation.

*Edward's POV*

We all quickly averted our gazes when Mr. Heinz turned his attention to us, he must have felt us staring at their table. I shuddered while under his gaze before turning to Rosalie when she spoke up.

"Didn't Carlisle say we have to attend a gala next month as well?" Rosalie questioned.

"Yea," Alice replied as she grasped Jasper's hand, "That's why I sent his suit to be tailored."

This got me thinking, "You think that they're mother," I started, "Could be Carlisle's mate? The woman you saw in the vision, Alice."

She paused for a second, "If it is," she stated, "Then hopefully we meet her before then."

This caused us all to glance back over to the Heinz table, only to see they were all gone.

*Third POV*

That afternoon, the Heinz family exited the school right after the bell rang, they all strutted towards their cars like models. However, instead of getting in the cars, they came in, the girls Nathaniel's Pontiac while the boys took Christian's Mustang and Ian drove his own car to pick up Mateo, they were going off to shop for their gala outfits.

Malia and Lillian met up with Beatrice in Seattle before heading to the dress shop in town, Samila Bridal and Formal. The girls walked in with bright smiles as a worker walked over to them, "Hi, I'm Christy," she said with a wide smile, "Can I help you with anything?"

Beatrice smiled back, "Yes, my nieces and I require formal dresses for the Forks Hospital Gala," she stated with her handheld in front of her.

Christy smiled, "I can sure help you with that," she agreed and had the three women follow her, "What colors were you all thinking?"

Lillian smiled brightly, "I was thinking of a baby blue for myself," she stated.

Malia smiled, "I was looking for a sultrier color myself, perhaps a deep red," she replied.

Beatrice smiled at the girls, "Those sound like wonderful colors for the two of you," she said and turned back to Christy, "I was hoping for a black dress please," she stated.

With this information, Christy directed them towards the racks of colorful dresses near the back of the store, Lillian decided she wanted to try on dresses first as she picked out many baby blue or light blue dresses off the racks and took them to the changing room. After about five dresses, Lillian let out a gasp of awe from the changing room, "I want this one," she stated and walked out.

It was an A-line dress, with small and delicate flower and vine details decorating the bodice and the sheer sleeves of the dress. Lillian look absolutely stunning, "You look amazing sweetheart," Beatrice smiled from her seat next to Malia.

"Agreed sis," Malian smiled, "You look like a princess."

Lillian giggled and went to change out of the dress and handed it to Christy who was waiting patiently for the three ladies to finish their shopping. Malia went next. She grabbed various dresses in different shades of red and different lengths, it was easy for her to eliminate the longer dresses as she didn't like how they felt along her legs. As she was trying on the shorter options, she let out a squeal of happiness, this shocked Lillian and Beatrice as they never heard her squeal before, well not like that of course.

When she walked out, she was dressed in a mid-thigh length A-line dress with bell-shaped sleeves in a deep red just like she wanted, "Oh this is my dress," she bragged as she strutted up and down the small catwalk.

Beatrice laughed, "Go, Lia," she cheered and clapped.

"Whoo!" Lillian cheered as well.

Malia laughed happily before hurrying back to change and give the dress to Christy. It was now Beatrice's turn. She skimmed her hands over many racks, but couldn't find the dress she wanted, and that's when her hand came in contact with fine silk, pulling out the dress, Beatrice smiled breathily. She hurried into the changing room with a happy smile.

When she walked out, Lillian and Malia gasped in absolute awe. Beatrice was wearing an A-line style dress, it had no sleeves but the should hold a thin silk cape of sorts and the bottom of the dress was longer in the back. Beatrice felt like the Queen of Scotland.

"Oh, that is so you, Bea," Malia gushed.

"Oh, hell yes is it," Lillian laughed.

Beatrice smiled, "Well I think we found our dresses girls," she stated and changed quickly in the changing room, "We'll be paying in full today, Christy," she said as she handed the woman her dress.

"Of course," Christy said and hurried off to put them into dress boxes and label them accordingly before placing them onto the counter and registering their total, "Okay so your total today is...$20,155," she stated with a wide smile, "Will be paying with cash or card?"

Beatrice smiled, "Card, thank you," she held out her credit card and swiped it before inputting her pin.

When the satisfying ding was heard, Christy smiled, "Thank you for shopping with us today!" she cheered and waved the girls out as they left.

Malia and Lillian took Nathaniel's car again while Beatrice drove her own back to the house, the boys were already back having found their suits much easier than the girls finding their dresses.