128 - A Tense Family Meeting

"Young Miss, please follow me. Your family wishes to have a dinner with you." The flight attendant asked.

"Alright." Erica nodded.

The attendant then looked towards the two of us. "We have a hotel room for you two, if you would follow her." She gestured to a maid which had arrived.

This is suspicious.

"Are we not invited to the dinner?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Erica looked towards the flight attendant, confused.

"You weren't accounted for." She stated. "I'm sorry, we weren't prepared for you two."

"Hah." I scoffed. "Yet you have a hotel room prepared for us. What are you up to?"

"I don't understand what you mean." The flight attendant replied.

"If I'm being honest, I don't trust you." I replied, narrowing my eyes at her.

"And I don't trust you." She stated. "Please go with her to the hotel."

"Well, I'd rather go to the dinner." I shrugged. "After all, I want to meet my parents-in-law."

"Your what?" The flight attendant asked, taken aback.

"My name is Ken Kage, the boyfriend of Erica Arthurson." I replied. "So can I please go meet them?"

"Young Miss, is this true?!" The flight attendant gasped.

"Yes." Erica nodded, lightly blushing.

"They aren't going to like this..." The flight attendant warned.

"I know." Erica replied. "But I love him. I really do."

She looked back to me. "Do you love her?"

"Of course." I stated.

She stared me down in the eyes, before closing her eyes and sighing. "Fine, you may come with. I'd still rather if your friend went to the hotel room though."

"Lily." I whispered in Japanese. "They're having you go to a hotel room. Be on guard. Look out to see if anything suspicious happens."

"Okay." Lily nodded.

"What are you two whispering about?" The flight attendant asked.

"Just letting her know what's going on." I replied. "You really don't trust me."

"You can understand that I wish for the best for the Young Miss." She replied. "So I don't trust a random guy brought from Japan."

"And you can understand I don't exactly trust you guys after the small things I've heard." I stated. "So the sentiment is shared."

The flight attendant sighed. "Alright, come on."

She started to walk off, Erica and I following her. I looked back to Lily, giving her a reassuring smile. I secretly created a rift by my feet, a familiar small wolf coming through.

Fenrir has been staying with Hel in Nilfhiem. However, Hel has become extremely busy with the influx of souls now coming to Nilfhiem since Lupercio isn't intercepting them anymore.

I visit them often, due to the fact that I'm the only one who can create a rift to them, and we haven't figured out a way of contact that works inbetween our world and Nilfhiem.

And I've noticed that Fenrir can sometimes be bored. He definitely enjoys being with Hel more than with Lupercio though.

Fenrir looked up at me, confused.