157 - Ken Kage Enters The Spotlight

The receptionist looked at him with wide eyes, before finally speaking after a moment of disbelief. "Y-yes! Of course! I'll put it in right now!"

Brandon smirked to himself, looking at the shocked faces of the many frozen adventurers. He put his hand out, and I gave it a quick high five.

"I'd say this is a job well done." Brandon laughed. "Everybody's eyes are going to be on you now. Though, it should've been sooner."

"Yeah...guess so." I replied.

I thought back about when I first transmigrated here. I was so different back then. I don't think I was wrong, but I definitely wasn't right. I was broken, and I broke again, but I fixed and pieced myself back together with the help of the girls.

I could feel all of their gazes. I've brought more attention to myself than ever before. And yet, I don't feel sick. Not like before. Rather, I feel excited.

"All right, j-just fill out the information here." The nervous receptionist handed me a paper. It asked for my name, arcana, and more. And with a quick stroke, I wrote Loki, S Rank.

"Finally revealing the true arcana, I see." Loki said. I could hear his smug grin through his voice.

Finally. If anything, a bit too late.

After finishing up the sheet, I handed it back to the receptionist. Brandon then handed her a letter of acceptance from the Principal. "O-okay. You're good to go."

"Alright!" Grinned Brandon, throwing his arm around me. "What do you say we start training?"

"Works for me." I replied.

We started to walk away, until suddenly a shriek of surprise came from one of the receptionists. We looked over to her, seeing her shocked look as she listened to the phone.

"Is everything alright?" Brandon asked her.

The receptionist slowly put the phone down. "A-a new Open Rift appeared on Briar Street...and it's an S-Rank."

Brandon froze. "...Fuck. You're serious?"

The receptionist slowly nodded, still flabbergasted by the news she had heard.

Open Rifts are dangerous. They last longer than a normal rift, and as such if nothing is done it can release more monsters then a normal rift and cause much more chaos and death.

Last time it was an A Rank, the highest rank of Open Rift ever recorded. And we were lucky to not run into that many monsters last time. I think a big reason why that last Open Rift was A Rank was because Hel resided there.

This is the first ever S Rank Open Rift. History has just been made, and whether it's for good or bad has yet to be seen. If it really is an S Rank, then we'll need multiple S Rank Adventurers to complete it.

Brandon stood there for another second, stupefied, before smacking himself in the face as a cold, neutral, and commanding look washed over his previous cheerful persona. In an instant I understood that he really was Bianca's brother.

"Send out an announcement, now. We need to get everybody out and quarantine the area of the city as quick as possible." Brandon ordered, pointing at the receptionist.

"Yes!" The receptionist nodded, quickly grabbing the phone.

"You." Brandon pointed to another receptionist. "Send out an announcement, and notify the Council."

"O-okay!" She gasped, quickly typing onto a computer.

"And you." He pointed to one more receptionist. "Call the other S Ranks to the S Rank Lounge."