135 - A Woman With A Mission

(Erica POV)

Fire raged around us, the whole building collapsing from the destruction. Fenrir had gotten the others out of here, and now it was just me and him.

I stood across from Darien Du Lac, with only one thing in mind. I was going to kill him. He deserves to die for everything.

"This is your end." He growled, gripping his sword. "It's time to end the Pendragon bloodline."

If only he knew I was going to have a little brother.

"I could say the same thing to you." I growled. Excalibur shined despite the blood which covered almost every inch of the blade.

I readied my blade to strike. This was going to be the end of this long rivalry. I was doing because of every horrific thing he's done.

Darien dashed towards me, raising his sword above his head with a furious look on his face.

But let's stop a minute. I should probably explain how I got into this situation, shouldn't I? Why I was currently going solo against someone definitely stronger than me.

Let's go back a couple hours.

I walked up to the entrance of the Du Lac house, Fenrir resting on my shoulder. With Avalon and Ken's hope in me I felt I could take on the world.

"Hey?! Is that-?!" Gasped one of the guards, pointing towards me.

"It's the Arthurson's heir! What is she-?!" The second one gasped.

I extended my arm, creating a blade of water in front of me. Usually I would use Excalibur, but with my recent practicing I've learned how to create them from my hands like how Ken does with his fire.

"You've gotten really good at manipulating your mana to create water constructs." Arthur stated.

Thanks.

I've been training a lot so I can catch up to Ken, or at least be closer to his level. That way I can stand beside him as an equal. Someone he doesn't need to protect.

The water blade flew from my hand. The second guard pulled his sword up to block it. Unfortunately for him my water blade cut through his, before cutting off the head.

His decapitated head flew in the air, landing in front of the first guard who screamed in terror. The body collapsed to the ground, blood spewing out of the neck.

Before the first guard could do anything I quickly approached, summoning Excalibur and stabbing him into the guard's chest. The guard gasped, before his eyes went dead.

I slid my blood-soaked sword out, letting the body fall down to the ground and soak it with blood.

A year ago I couldn't harm anyone, and now I could kill horrible people like these easily if it's for Ken. I've really become stronger.

"Wait for me, Ken." I whispered.

I kicked open the gate, quickly entering their front yard. There was no doubt that they knew I was here. I had to be quick.

Sure, my goal was only to get the Du Lac's to flee so the others could ambush them, but I really wanted to take care of them myself.

"Fenrir, please open up their door for me." I requested, setting the small wolf down. Judging by legend and what Ken has said, this isn't his true form.

And Fenrir proved that true. He dashed towards the door, growing in size before he became the size of a car. He slammed himself through the door, creating a hole where the entrance was.