156 - I Think We All Expected This

Irene's face was flushed, sweat rolled down her head, and she just honestly looked miserable as she laid under the covers. Lily brought over a wet towel, laying it against her head.

"So, how did this happen?" I asked, staring at Irene.

"I don't know." Erica replied. "We were all just having fun, before she started to burn up with a fever."

"It may be because she got soaked in the rain yesterday..." Amber mused.

"Yes...that is likely it." Irene slowly replied.

Cliche cold sickness from common rain?! I'll never forgive the Japanese!

"You want anything?" Iris worriedly asked her sister, uncomfortably shuffling.

"A glass of water, please..." Irene requested.

Iris walked off to grab it.

"I'll make some stew." Yui stated.

"You can cook?" I asked, surprised.

"There's no need to be so shocked." Yui giggled, blushing with a light shiver. "I took care of food since my father is hopeless with cooking." She then muttered under her breath, "Especially when mother..." Her quiet voice trailed off into silence.

"I'll help." Erica nodded, following Yui out of the room.

"Uggh..." Irene groaned. "This is so annoying...right in the middle of our first group sleepover..."

"It'll be alright." Amber reassured Irene. "We can do it another day." She turned to me. "I'm going to go train."

"This late?" I questioned.

"It's never too late for training." Amber grinned, flexing her stiff and packed muscles in her arm.

"I might join later, then." I replied, a small smile forming on my lips.

"Looking forward to it." Amber replied, "Hey Aoi, wanna join?"

"Sure." Aoi replied, following Amber out of the room.

"I heard my brother came here." Bianca suddenly stated.

"Hm? Oh, yeah." I replied. "How'd you know? He literally did that not even an hour ago."

She showed her phone screen to me, showing a picture of Emi chewing him out.

"Ah..." Good luck to him, he'll need it. "He offered to make me his apprentice."

"Good job, Ken..." Irene weakly smiled.

"Here's a water." Iris came back, giving it to Irene. Irene slowly sat up, before sipping the water.

"I don't believe he will help you much with fighting, however." Bianca stated. "He is incredibly skilled, but it will only take you a couple hours to completely master his style."

"You really only talk a lot when it comes to fighting, huh?" I noticed.

A small tint of red appeared on Bianca's face.

I smiled. "Well, that's not the main reason I did it. He helped with getting the Council and Assassin League off our backs for now, so I thought I'd take up his offer. Also, I think it's finally time to step out of the shadows a little more."

"Exciting!" Iris clapped her hands, smiling.

"I agree." Irene finished drinking her water, before handing the empty glass to Iris. "Do you two mind if I talk to Ken, alone?"

"Not a problem at all!" Iris quickly replied, hurriedly rushing herself and Bianca out of the door. Weird.

"Ken." Irene called for my attention.