160 - The Love Of A Mother

(Bianca POV)

I tugged on Mother's leg. She looked down at me, her beautiful blue eyes staring into mine. Her silver hair descended down to her shoulders, giving her the image of an ice queen. Despite that, a warm smile graced her face.

"You want some hugs?" She smiled, picking me up and setting me on her lap. I wrapped my arms around her. I didn't want her to leave, like any child would.

I wish I had known that would be the last time I'd ever see her.

I try my best to not think about her, because it always hurts. It always hurts, and yet I never cry. I didn't at the funeral we gave her. Maybe it was because we didn't have the body. Maybe it was because it was me.

It was after we defeated the Demon King that I finally opened up a little. Ken and I laid on the roof, staring up at the sky.

"Everything alright?" He asked. "You dragged me up here without saying anything."

I interlinked my hand with his, and in respond he interlocked his fingers with mine.

"Have you ever heard of the Scarlet Sisters?" I slowly asked.

"...I think so." Ken finally said after thought. "It sounds familiar, but I don't know why..."

"It was a powerful Adventurer party." I continued. "About a decade ago. It was contained of four powerful women. One of them was my mother."

"I see." Ken's hand tightened around mine. "You alright with telling me this?"

"Yes." I nodded. "They were the strongest group, until they entered an A Rank open rift. Only two returned, neither my mother."

"I'm so sorry to hear that." Ken replied, sadly.

"I was so scared." I laid my true feelings bare and opened my heart, something I never thought I'd do again. But I did, and to the man I love. And he listened, he listened with everything he had.

"I was scared I'd lose Brandon in that one rift..." I whispered. "And then there was you..."

"I'm sorry." Ken replied. "I didn't mean for it to come to that."

"When you ever enter an open rift again..." I continued. "Promise me that you'll come back."

Ken turned, looking me in the eyes. "I promise."

"...I love you." I finally said.

"I know." He gave me a cheeky smile. "This is the most you've talked in a while."

I nodded in response, ears lightly reddening.

He chuckled. "Oh, back to being quiet. Well, I wouldn't have you any other way."

I felt my cheeks darken. I want to kiss you now.

"Yes, I do." Gelinda nodded once more, bribing me back to the present. "Would you like me to take you to her?"

Could it really be? Was it really possible? It was an A Rank before, did it become an S Rank?

I didn't want to put my faith in and be let down, but I wanted to see my mother once again. I glanced towards Ken, who gave me a nod in response. Was it a nod of support? Approval? All I know is that somehow a single nod gave me the power to go forwards.

"Please. Take us to her." I asked.

"Yes, we would greatly appreciate it." Brandon nodded.

"Why, of course." Gelinda smiled. "She saved me after all, despite the short time she's been here."

That sounds like Mother.

Gelinda brought her arms up, wind gathering around all of us. It became stronger, encircling us, becoming thicker, and blocking our vision as if we were in the middle of a tornado. And then it died down, and we were no longer on the island we once were.