Chapter 6

Louis was scrambling trying to get his wallet out of the tight front pocket of his skinny jeans.

"Ah, here you go!" he slurred, handing his fake ID over to the large bouncer who was standing at the entrance of the gay bar.

The bouncer squinted at the card for a while, looking up at Louis than at the card again a few times.

"Yeah alright," he said in a thick Scottish accent before handing the card back to Louis and stepping aside, letting Louis into the club.

The inside of the club was like nothing Louis had ever seen before. There were LED strobe lights on the ceiling which made the entire club flash in rainbow colours. There was also a multi-level dancefloor which consisted of about five different platforms which were connected by short flights of stairs. Every level of the dancefloor was crowded with a wide array of different people, dancing, jumping, and sweating, their bodies all banging against one another.

Some people were dressed in regular clothes, others were wearing virtually nothing, and some were dressed up to the nines, wearing ball gowns and full faces of makeup.

Louis immediately felt out-of-place and a little bit overwhelmed, he felt like there were eyes on him. As if everybody knew that he was closeted, it was the first time in his life that he ever felt embarrassed about appearing too straight.

Louis felt a strong desire to run into the crowd and begin searching for Harry, but he decided that it was no use trying to find him as the club was too crowded. He instead got into the line at the bar and phoned the number that Harry had used to ring him earlier.

Just as Louis put his phone to his ear, the person at the front of the lined turned around, and there he was.

Louis made eye contact with Harry, and for a moment Louis' world turned into slow-motion and the blaring music and loud chatter of the club fell silent.

Harry gestured Louis over with his hand and Louis pushed his way through the crowd. When he finally made his way to the front of the line, to his surprise, Harry greeted him with a peck on the lips.

"I'm so glad you could make it," he said, a smile beaming on his face.

Louis couldn't help but smile back.

"I'll buy you a pint" Louis offered, gesturing towards the bar.

"No need, I've already ordered us two," Harry said, as the bartender placed two pints of beer in front of them. Harry picked them up and handed one to Louis.

"You ordered two?" Louis questioned, raising his eyebrows at Harry "How did you know I would show up?"

"Just had a feeling" Harry smirked. He grabbed Louis hand and walked him towards a glass door on the left of the bottom level dance floor.

On the other side of the door was a huge balcony, furnished with couches and sets of tables and chairs. The balcony was crammed with people, but it was far less crowded than the inside of the club, and the air was much fresher.

Harry led Louis to an empty couch in the corner by the balustrade and the pair sat down, pints in hand.

Louis was grateful to be sitting down because he felt quite intoxicated, though the breeze of cool night air wafting from the edge of the balcony made him feel a bit more sober.

"Thank you for the pint, I see I'm not the only one with a fake ID" Louis teased.

"Actually, my uncle owns this place" Harry laughed, "we aren't all bad boys like you Tommo".

"Wait so your family knows that you come here?" Louis said, a surprised look on his face.

"Yeah, I'm out to all my family," Harry said.