Chapter 18

Between Harry's addiction to sex and Louis' aggressive tendencies, Harry was in a constant state of pain and walked around with a sort of limp.

Harry and Louis sharing a room in Louis' family home meant that they had to stay up late every night until everyone else in the house was asleep so that they could devour each other.

Harry loved living with Louis but he missed his mom, he hadn't returned home at all ever since the boys' unfortunate run-in with Desmond, which Louis had dubbed "the cucumber incident".

Louis also loved having Harry around, especially the constant company and affection, but he felt bad about Harry and his father's falling out. He blamed himself.

Louis confessed his inner thoughts during a late-night deep conversation: "if I hadn't stayed in your room that night this wouldn't have happened at all".

Harry let out a sigh. "You can't blame yourself, Lou, I wanted you to stay too".

"If we weren't dating he'd never have disowned you," Louis said, with a lump in his throat.

Harry shook his head, "it's not your fault darling. Whether you're in my life or not, I will always be his gay son and he will always be my unsupportive father".

Harry defended Louis but he knew this situation wasn't ideal. As much as he loved the fact that he was living with his high school sweetheart, something he knew many teenagers longed for but could never have, he knew the living situation could not go on for much longer.

The Tomlinson family had many mouths to feed and not very much money at all. Even though they welcomed him with open arms and insisted it was no bother at all, Harry felt as though he was just another source of financial strain.

But Harry had nowhere else to go, and he knew this. So he decided to start applying for a job, in secret, so that he could contribute to the household expenses.

**

Summer was coming to an end and school was set to start within the next two weeks. Louis' deal with the school dean about writing his name on the sign-up sheet still stood. He had made significant progress but he couldn't quite write his full name just yet.

Harry was growing eager for the new school year and was already trying to decide which electives he was going to choose. "I'm thinking of choosing psychology, history, drama and art," he told Louis, who was lying sprawled out on the couch in the living room, his head resting on Harry's lap who was sitting upright at one end of the couch.

"You should choose sociology, Mr Stenning is the best teacher I've ever had" Louis advised.

"Maybe I'll switch psychology for sociology then," Harry said, in heavy contemplation.

Just then Harry's phone rang, it was an unknown number.

"Hello?" Harry answered.

Louis sat up and stared at Harry, trying to figure out who was on the other end of the call.

"Harry my boy! It's so good to hear your voice. Wow it's gotten much deeper since the last time we spoke"

Harry furrowed his brow in confusion "I'm sorry but who is this?"

"Oh haha, I should have introduced myself, I suppose we haven't spoken in ages have we. It's Uncle Nat".

Harry's face lit up, "Uncle Nat! How are you?"

Louis whispered to Harry "is this your uncle that owns that gay bar we went to?"

Harry nodded and placed a finger over Louis' lips to shush him.