Chapter 11

Louis necked the shot too, then both him and Harry had another, and another, and one more.

The pair were now sitting next to one another on the granite kitchen countertop.

Before Louis could even comprehend what was happening, he was utterly off his face, Harry too was entirely on his ear.

They seemed to blend into the crowd though, seeing as almost everyone else at the party was just as intoxicated as the two boys, if not more.

"Come on Harry let's dance!" Louis demanded.

"Are you su-hiccup-sure?" Harry slurred.

"Yes, we have to dance! They're playing our song!" Louis said, referring to the deep house song blaring from the next room, which neither Harry nor Louis had ever heard before.

"Okay baby! Let's dance" Harry said jumping out of his seat with a sudden burst of energy.

Harry grabbed Louis' hand and led him in the direction of the music, dodging groups of people on their way.

Finally, they found the dancefloor, it was in a big, empty room that looked as though it was typically a living room when there was furniture in it.

All the lights were switched off in the room, apart from a strip of LED strobe lighting on the ceiling which illuminated the room in jolts of colourful flashes.

Louis and Harry joined the crowd of dancing people that included the cowardly lion himself, who was standing on a chair dancing, towering over everybody else.

The crowd was sweaty, but welcoming and supportive too, constantly cheering each other on as they showcased their dance moves to one another.

Without a second thought, Louis grabbed Harry's waist and began dancing with him, Harry rested his hands on Louis' shoulders.

They locked eyes.

His eyes are the most beautiful green that's ever existed.

Louis couldn't help himself, the alcohol had made him lose all his inhibitions and he didn't care that they were in public, he leaned in and the two boys began kissing passionately.

No one in the room even batted an eye, as most of the theatre kids already assumed that Louis was Harry's boyfriend, given that he spend hours watching the younger boy's rehearsals.

The rest of the people in the room didn't even know who Louis or Harry was so the fact that the two boys were kissing wasn't anything out of the ordinary to them.

While the kiss didn't mean much to everyone else in the room, it meant the world to Louis and Harry.

Louis felt tingles from his tummy, all the way down to his toes.

He felt free.

Though the tingles in his tummy didn't last very long before turning into a pit of despair, resting just behind his belly button.

"What the fuck!?" yelled out an Irish accent from the other side of the room.

Niall was standing at the doorway looking gobsmacked.

Louis recognized his voice and instantly pulled away from Harry's lips.

Shit.

"What mate?" Liam said, approaching the doorway from behind Niall, when he saw Louis standing next to Harry he just nodded his head, slowly looking back and forth between Louis and Niall.

"Some fucking best friend he is" Niall muttered to Liam "he never tells us anything anymore".

"Niall I can explain" Louis shouted over the blaring speakers, "let's go somewhere quieter".