2 | Meeting

"Don't be nervous, don't be nervous." Haeun chanted as she walked through the gate to the palace.

She walked a bit further to be met by an enormous castle. And the enourmous castle was surrounded by thousands of guards. They looked like robots in Haeun's eyes.

The guards had on normal black suits, but they had a sword hanging by their waist. That was terrifying.

"Are you Han Haeun?" Someone asked, Haeun turned to the voice to find a girl. A girl that looked like she was the same age as Haeun.

Haeun walked to the girl and bowed slightly. "Ah, yes. I'm Haeun. It's nice to meet you." She said with a small smile.

The girl bowed and said. "I'm Sunhee, the main maid for the prince. Nice to meet you too."

"Ah.." Haeun smiled in realisation.

"Come with me, the entrance for the staff is in the back." Sunhee said with a friendly smile on her face.

Haeun nodded with a smile on her face and followed her.

---

"Here is your new uniform." Sunhee handed Haeun her a big box. The uniform consisted of a shirt, blazer, dresspants and flat shoes. The blazer was black and had two buttons infront. The dress pants were also black. They were highwaisted and had two pockets. The shirt however, was white for some reason. And the shoes, were again black.

This must be the most expensive outfit Haeun has ever worn. She honestly thought she would have to wear those weird maid dresses shown in movies. Thank god she didn't have to do that.

It didn't look comfortable and wasn't convenient for cleaning.

"Thank you, Sunhee." Haeun bowed before walking towards a small changing room.

Haeun came back to see Sunhee waiting for her. "It's looks perfect on you," Sunhee smiled. "But you need this." Sunhee took Haeun's hand handed her a black hair tie.

"Thank you." Haeun said, before tying her hair into a low ponytail.

Sunhee looked at Haeun up and down and nodded. "You're all set. Now we meet the prince. You'll be helping me serving the prince, but if another maid gets sick you'll have to step in for them."

Haeun gulped at her words, but nodded nevertheless. Fuck, I'm so nervous.

---

Knock, Knock!

"Come in!" Jungkook yelled. Sunhee walked after his approval and bowed. But Haeun stood frozen. She was too nervous. Her hands were shaking due to nervousness.

Jungkook glanced at Sunhee before looking at the documents before him. "What is it Sunhee?" He asked, his voice flat.

"You know that one of your maids quit a week ago? Well, there's someone who is replacing her. So, I just wanted to introduce her to you." Sunhee said, before glancing at a black clock hanging on the wall.

Jungkook nodded, it didn't look like he cared one bit.

Sunhee slapped her mouth with her hand. "I'm sorry, your highness. I have some business I have to attend to, but your new maid will be coming in now." She bowed, before running out the door.

Haeun looked at Sunhee who ran past her. She then brought her attention to the prince. He was writing something with a pen, he didn't look at Haeun once.

Even so, Haeun walked inside with small quiet steps. She let out a deep breath before introducing herself. "Hello, your highness. I'm your new maid. My name is Han Haeun." She slowly bowed 90 degrees, to show her deepest respect.

Jungkook completely froze and dropped the pen in his hand. He recoginzed that voice. No. It couldn't be.

He slowly turned his head, to see Haeun. She was actually there, she stood infront of him. She was actually there!

A tear escaped his eye. He immediatley rose up from his seat and hugged Haeun tightly. "Y-you're here. You're actually here! H-Haeun I missed you so much."

Haeun's eyes widened and her cheeks became red. Why the hell was the crown prince hugging her? And why the hell was his voice so familiar? "I'm sorry, your highness. I think you've got the wrong person." She carefully pushed him away.

Jungkook's eyes were full of hurt and pain due to her rejection. "You don't know me?"

"I do know who you are, your highness. But I've never met you before. T-this is the first time I've met you." She answered calmly.

This moment seemed familiar to Jungkook. This moment was similar to when they first met. But there was something different this time. Her behavior was different. And she looked at him in the eyes.

'She doesn't recoginze me. She doesn't know I'm JK.' Jungkook thought.

They stood frozen for a couple of minutes, looking in eachother's eyes. It was like the time stopped.

Until Haeun suddenly bowed. "I apologize, your highness. I will meet you later." She hurriedly ran out of his room.

"That was so embarrassing." She muttered, running in the never ending hallway. She didn't even know where she was going. Haeun just kept running, her eyes were glued to her feet.

"I'm so dumb, I'm so dumb, I'm so- Ow!" She bumped her head to a hard chest, which made her fall on her butt.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see anyb- Haeun?" A deep voice said.

Haeun looked up to see a man with black hair and plump lips. His eyes were widened in shock. It was none other than her cousin, Park Jimin.

Haeun's lips curved into a big smile as he gave her a hand. "Jimin! I've missed you!" She laughed, attacking him with a bear hug. The feeling of embarrassment was long gone, now that she saw her family member.

"I've missed you too, my baby sis." He quietly said, a smile painted on his lips. "But why are you here? And why didn't you tell me about what happened to you? I got the news from my mother and not you." Jimin backed out from the hug and gave Haeun a hard flick to her forehead.

Haeun glared at her older cousin and rubbed the now red spot on her forehead. "Lead me to the staff's room. Quickly. I will tell you everything on the way."

"Fine." Jimin accepted her request and put his arm around her shoulder. "Let's go." He said, smiling ear to ear.

Not far away from the two cousins, stood Jungkook with tears running down his face. He watched the whole interaction. "Did she mistake me for that guard?"

---

Published: 22/12/21

I'm sorry if there is any words or sentences that's wrong!