23 | Apology

"I am the reason why you were in that car accident. And my aunt, is your mother's killer."

Jungkook's heart beat faster at her words and it was now due to fear and not love. "W-What?"

Haeun got off Jungkook's bed and went to the ground, bowing the most respected bow. "I'm deeply sorry, your highness. I'm sorry that I haven't given you an apology earlier. I am deeply grateful for your forgiveness. You didn't put me in jail after the accident and didn't charge me for anything. I came here to work for you, to repay you."

Jungkook's eyes softened at Haeun's words. He picked her up from the ground and laid down on his bed with her in his arms. "Didn't I tell you to call me Jungkook? You don't need to apologize for anything, My lady. I know it was an accident, you didn't break my bones on purpose. I know that you're not that kind of person. And it was your aunt who killed my mom, not you. I hate her for that, I don't hate you." The prince pressed a kiss to the top of his lady's head.

"I just feel horrible for everything. I didn't dare to face you at first because I felt bad. It was my fault that the prince of my country got hurt. But after a while, I felt like I needed to make it up to you. I came here to work for you and apologize. I have never hated you JK, I- I was afraid."

"I'm okay now, Haeun. I never hated the other person that was in the accident, I never hated you. I just have one question." Jungkook felt a small nod from Haeun. "The car accident. Is that the reason to why lost your eyesight?"

"Yeah, the glass from the windshield hit my eyes." Haeun sighed, thinking about the time after she lost her sight. She never wants to experience that again, she felt alone and miserable at that time.

"How did the accident happen? The only thing I remembered before I blacked out is my driver taking an extreme turn to the right." Jungkook continued to ask.

"You know that I came to the city to study photography right?" Haeun said, which Jungkook hummed to. "Well, I had just got off my train and was headed to my apartment. I decided to take a taxi. I was so excited to finally go to university that I just rambled on to the taxi driver, which made him mad and distracted- And then he crashed into your car. It's my fault, I shouldn't have gone in that taxi. And I shouldn't have distracted him. I'm sorry."

"I'm glad the accident happened." Jungkook said, which made Haeun all confused.

"Why?" She quietly asked, ashamed.

"I would never have met you if the accident didn't happen. We met in the hospital because of our injuries. I'm glad I met you, Haeun. I became much more happier after I met you." He smiled and gave her a kiss on the lips.

"I'm glad I met you too, Jungkook." Haeun finally gave him the smile he loved so much. "I have one more apology to you."

"What more? Your aunt? That wasn't your fault." Jungkook sighed, holding her closer to him.

"Even though It's not my fault, you deserve an apology. An apology doesn't fix the fact that it happened, but I still need to give you an apology. I can't imagine how you must have felt that day, JK. She's in my family and I'm ashamed of that. It sickening to think that I'm related to a murderer.

I am sorry, your highness. We're trying to find her too, but she is nowhere in sight. If we ever see or find her, we'll send her to you." Haeun said with sincerity.

"There you go again, calling me that. How many times have I told you to call me by my name, huh?" Jungkook said softly. "As I said earlier, I hate her. Not you, not your family. I just want to put her behind bars, I don't want her to be murdering other people. I don't wish others to experience what I felt."

"I feel the same." Haeun nodded. "My aunt is greedy, extremely greedy. I suppose that's why she decided to do what she did, which was a bad choice. My grandmother blames herself for my aunt's actions and It's not her fault at all. I visited my grandma not so long ago, and she still feels like this." She sighed, before speaking. "My aunt is Bong-Cha's mother."

Jungkook's brows raised. "That woman is Bong-Cha's mother? Bong-Cha? Your annoying and never giving up cousin?"

"Yeah. Speaking of Bong-Cha, she's the one who switched my letter at the hospital."

Jungkook's nostrils flared up in anger, "What?She's the reason we got separated?"

"Jimin and I met her and she told me. I knew she hated me, but not that much."

"I guess the mother and daughter duo has something against me." He let out a bitter chuckle.

"I'm sorry." Haeun said once again, which made Jungkook's eyes soften.

"Stop apologizing. You didn't do anything."

"Sorry, can't help it. Wait- No, sorry. Wait-" Haeun said, before both of them burst out in laughter.

"We need put the negativity away, let's do something fun together." Jungkook suggested with eyes glittering in excitement, a smile formed on his lips.

"Do what?" Haeun cocked an eyebrow.

"Let's go out!"

---

"Jungkook, we can't do this! What if someone sees us! We'll be dead meat! A maid and a prince isn't a realistic match!" Haeun yelled as Jungkook dragged her through the garden.

He spoke once he stopped walking, "No one comes here, don't worry. People will find us by your screaming not because they spotted us." He sat down on the grass and patted the space next to him. "Lay down and watch the stars with me."

Haeun looked up to the night sky to see thousands of stars shining brightly. It does look beautiful. She bit her lip in thought before finally deciding to join Jungkook.

She went to the space next to him and laid down. "Woah, it's so pretty." She said as she watched the bright glowing stars.

"Pretty like you." Jungkook laid down beside.

That comment made Haeun's face scrunch in disgust like always. "Too much cheese."

"My lady," Jungkook turned his head to look at her. "Don't lie, I know you looove them."

"Yeah, sure." She denied while biting back a smile.

Jungkook saw through her and smiled. She can't really control her face expression well, it was obvious she was trying to not smile. He knows she loves it and shall keep making those comments.

"You said your grandma blames herself?" Jungkook asked, Haeun nodded to his answer.

"Yes."

"I should visit her then." He simply said, looking up at the stars.

"Visit her?"

Jungkook nodded. "Yeah, I'll tell her myself that I'm not mad at her. And besides, I need to meet my future in-laws."

Haeun laughed and hit him on the shoulder, which made him feel offended. "JK, we're not even together yet. How can you say in-laws?"

"Oh, just you wait. We'll be together in no time. I have to have lunch with Dad, Grandmother and the three women tomorrow. They want to know who I'm gonna choose, I'll tell them that I want to end the competition."

Haeun gave him a glare which Jungkook thought was cute. "You better tell them that." She demanded with a pout.

"Of course, My lady."

Far away stood a powerful woman who eyed the happy couple. Jungkook was wrong after all, someone did spot them.

---

Published: 08/04/22

Not edited.