12 | Unprofessional

"Tae, are you gonna watch me clean all day?" Haeun asked as she put a cloth in a bucket of soapy water.

"Not unless you give me some task to do." Taehyung said with pouty lips.

Haeun chuckled. "Why would I give you any tasks?" She took the cloth out of the bucket and twisted it to get water out.

"Why would you not? As I said earlier, I'm like you guys. I'm not superior to you." He crossed his arms, with furrowed brows. He looked sassy to Haeun for some reason.

"You kinda are though, you are the guest here. I work here." Haeun proceeded to clean the big hallway windows with the wet cloth.

"Oh come on. Give me something to do, I wanna help you." He playfully glared at her, which made her finally give in.

"Fine." Haeun took out a freshly washed cloth and threw it to Taehyung, who had a victorious smile on his face.

He mimicked Haeun and put the cloth in the soapy water before twisting it to get excess water out. Taehyung happily walked over to Haeun to clean the same window together.

"Taehyung?" Someone yelled, making both of them stop cleaning.

The two turned at the same time to see the crown prince walking towards them. Haeun immediately bowed, bringing her hands together.

Taehyung lightly scoffed and turned to focus on cleaning the window again.

"Why are you here so early? I thought you were coming at 6 pm?" Jungkook asked, eyeing the two.

Taehyung gave him a tight smile. "I came to surprise you, but you were on your date."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Jungkook quickly apologized. "We can hang out now?"

Taehyung immediately refused, shaking his head. "No, I wanna be with Haeun." He put his arm around Haeun's shoulded and looked at Haeun as he smiled.

Jungkook looked at the two with a hint of jealousy in his eyes. "How did they even get that close in a day?" He muttered under his breath.

"Huh?" Haeun asked with a confused face, her eyes on Jungkook.

"Nothing!" He quickly said, chuckling. "What were you guys doing before I came?"

"Cleaning the windows." Taehyung answered and removed his arm from Haeun's shoulder. He walked back to the windows and used the wet cloth to clean it.

"I can help you guys?"

"Sure."

"What? No!" Haeun immediately denied, making both boys confused.

"Why not?" Jungkook quietly asked. Did she want to be alone with Taehyung?

"Because you're the prince. I'm working for you, not with you. You're not supposed to do these things, your highness."

Jungkook frowned due to her choice of words. Everytime she called him his highness, he felt farther away from her. "Don't call me that, please."

"I'm sorry, Jungkook." Haeun bowed and Jungkook lightly smiled.

Haeun sighed. "I can't let a royal do these things. One, it's not appropiate. Two, I'll definitely get scolded by Sunhee."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Ugh, not that Sunhee again. I'll protect her from you, Haeun. It'll be worse if you disobey a royal order." Taehyung proceeded to give Jungkook a look, signaling something.

The prince's eyes slightly widened in realization. "Oh yeah, I order you to let me help you."

Haeun looked at both of them before sighing deeply. "Fine, I can't really disobey a royal order."