10 | Jealousy

Haeun could feel multiple glares coming her way as she cleaned the prince's windows.

Her coworkers were glaring at her while doing their duties at the same time. Why were they looking at her with so much hate?

Haeun turned to her friend, who was the only maid who wasn't glaring at her. "Bora, why do the others look so mad at me?" Haeun whispered, carefully glancing at the furious maids.

"I think it's because of Jimin." Bora quietly muttered, while carefully mopping the floor.

Haeun's brows furrowed due to Bora's answer. "Jimin?"

Bora nodded. "Yeah, I walked by some of the others earlier and they are mad because you were close to Jimin yesterday. The maids have these crushes on the guards, especially on my cousin, Yoongi and Jimin."

"That's ridiculous," Haeun let out a small scoff. "Jimin's my cousin."

Bora glanced at the glaring maids before looking at Haeun. "Yeah, but they don't know that." She muttered.

A couple minutes passed and the crown prince woke up. The maids turned to the prince to greet him with a bow. Jungkook smiled a lazy smile, his eyes on Haeun.

She felt his soft gaze on her. Why did he look at her so often?

"Good morning, your highness." Sunhee greeted, a professional smile on her face.

Jungkook simply nodded at her. "Good morning." His voice was groggy.

The door suddenly opened, in came Sungchul, who caught the attention of everyone in the room. The butler walked towards the prince and bowed with a small smile on his face. "Your highness, good morning."

"I've gotten some exeptional news. The queen mother has come back from her trip." Sungchul said, a small smile on his lips.

"Grandmother?" Jungkook said, his eyes wide in shock. "I didn't know that she would come back that soon."

"Her majesty wanted to meet the five women who were competing. She wants to meet the next queen." Sungchul informed the prince. "Speaking of the women. Have you chosen a girl to go on a date with yet?"

"Kim Yuna." Jungkook said, with a hint of displeasure. He didn't want to go on any dates at all, but he had to, until Haeun remembered him again.

He couldn't just stop this competition and say that Haeun will be the next queen. All hell would break loose. His dad would be mad. His grandmother would be mad. And Haeun would be mad. Haeun didn't even recognize him.

So the only thing Jungkook could do was to go through this competition, until Haeun recognized him again.

"Kim Yuna is the heir to that jewelry company right?" Haeun whispered to Bora. Haeun had only seen the women when she would serve them food. She knew little to nothing about the girls, other than her step-sister.

Bora nodded and whispered. "Yeah, her parents are crazy rich. She's the one with the blonde hair and bangs."

"Ah.." Haeun nodded.

"Tell my grandmother that I'll visit her in the evening." Jungkook gently told his butler, earning a nod.

"Of course, your highness. I will also be telling Lady Yuna to be expecting a date."

Jungkook could only nod with a solemn look on his face.

---

"You want some?" Jimin offered Haeun his fruit sandwich.