29 | Dungeon

It was dark. Really dark. The only light source in this dark room were the torches that hung on the wall. One might think the dungeon would be filled with people, but the only people in there were the two cousins.

"Jimin, why would you do that?" Haeun asked, her eyes filled with worry. The two of them sat on the ground, in a small cell.

Jimin smiled at her and engulfed her in a hug. "I couldn't let my little sister be in this place alone. I know how scary it is in here, it would be even more scarier here alone. Besides, I know we won't be here for long. I know you would never kill anyone."

Haeun finally let her tears run down her face as she held Jimin tight. "Thank you, big brother."

---

A certain family was enjoying their dinner when a phone rang. "I think it's mine." Haeun's mother said. She fished out her phone from her pocket and answered the call.

"Hi, who's this?" She smiled.

The other family members continued to eat normally, not minding that the mother was calling someone.

"W-What? Why?" Her happy expression vanished and became replaced with a shocked one. Her family members immediately stopped chewing their food and looked at her worriedly.

"Is there something wrong?" Jimin's father asked, his brows knitted in worry.

"I'll come right away." Haeun's mother said before ending the call. She looked at the family members with tears in her eyes. "Our babies are imprisoned."

"My grandchildren are what?" The grandmother gasped.

"H-How?" Jimin's mother stuttered, her eyes began watering.

"Haeun was accused of killing Jungkook." The mother sobbed. "My daughter would never do something like that. They are also imprisoned because their related to their aunt."

"They're imprisoned because of my mom?" Bong-Cha asked with wide eyes, Haeun's mother nodded immediately.

"We need to get to them now." Jimin's father said with an angry tone.

"But do we have any money for the trip? I think we've used up everything we have." Bon-Hwa asked the others, worry clear in his eyes.

The grandmother's eyes widened in realization. "I haven't used the money Haeun and Jimin sent us. Do you guys think it's enough for a train ride?"

---

"It's so dark in here." Bora mumbled as she walked down the stairs in the dungeon. She held a tray with food in her hands.

Yoongi nodded and replied, "Yeah, it's pretty dusty here too. This place hasn't been cleaned in years."

"I hate this place. It smells disgusting too." Hoseok scrunched his nose in disgust.

The three of them walked over to the cousin duo's cell to find them sleeping peacefully on the cold ground. "Jelly Bean, Jimin. We have gotten some food for you." Hoseok called, causing them to slowly wake up.

"Hobi? Yoongs? Bora? What are you guys doing here?" Haeun groggily asked as she rubbed her eyes. She sat up and looked at them tiredly.

"We have some food for you, Little one." Yoongi softly said.

Haeun smiled at him, but that smile died down quickly. "Do you guys believe I-"

The three of them quickly shook their heads. "Oh hell no, no, no. We don't believe that you would kill Jungkook at all. That's ridiculous, I know how much you love him." Bora scoffed, which made Haeun smile.

"Thank you guys." Haeun smiled before hitting Jimin on the shoulder. He was still sleeping. "Bro, wake up."

Jimin woke up due to that hit. "Why'd you have hit me so hard?" He glared at her as he rubbed his shoulder.

"Isn't it uncomfortable sleeping on the ground?" Hoseok asked with worry in his eyes.

The cousins shook their heads. "We're okay, we have slept like this many times before." JImin said before resting his head on Haeun's shoulder.

"It's not okay with me." Hoseok shook his head in disapproval and slid a blanket inbetween the cell bars. "Atleast have a blanket, it's cold in here."

"Thank you, Hobi." Haeun smiled lightly as she recieved the blanket.

"You're welcome, Jelly Bean." He smiled back, but worry was evident in his eyes.

"Hobi," Haeun called. "Don't worry, we'll be okay."

"If you say so, Jelly Bean."

---

"Dad, what the hell are you doing? Haeun has never tried to kill me! You're just putting them in that cell because of your anger. Release them." Jungkook fumed with anger.

"No! And that's final!" The king yelled angrily at his son. "The women will stay here because of your poorly choice of woman. One of the competing women is going to be your wife."

Jungkook had to take a deep breath before continuing, "If you keep doing this then I'll give that throne to one of my cousins. You're being ridiculous! Don't insult Haeun like that, she has been better than any women you've brought." He said before walking out the room and slamming the door.

The king glared at the doors his son just slammed and muttered, "That rascal."

---

"Grandma, it's enough for a train ride. But it isn't enough for a hotel or motel for all of us." Bong-Cha sighed. "I think I should be the one to go, all of you stay here."

"Are you crazy!" Bon-Hwa yelled in anger. "We're all going! No one is going alone."

"Dad, Haeun and Jimin got imprisoned because they're related to my mom. Almost all of us are related to her, we'll all be imprisoned. I need to go." Bong-Cha said with a serious tone.

"My grandchild, I can't let you go alone." The grandmother said with worried eyes.

"You need to, Grandma." Bong-Cha said. "Because I'll be able to release them. I know where mom is."

---

Published: 25/05/22

Not edited.