➖ Reconciliation

FROM A TALL BUILDING, FAR FROM AOGIRI'S CURRENT HIDEOUT, AYA AND KEN WATCHED THE CITY OF TOKYO. The air definitely did good to Aya, as well as the distance from Aogiri. She was beginning to suffocate within those walls and constant thoughts, which she couldn't occupy without anything else, but future plans with Aogiri. Ken came in at the good time to take her away from her room and to the high buildings of Tokyo.

They jumped from one building to another, racing actually to see who is faster. Aya was far more adapted to the heights of Tokyo, which made her faster. Ken was following closely behind her, passing her a few times during their little friendly race. With heavy breaths and little laughter, they came to the tall building that gave them a good view of many main areas at Tokyo where New Year celebrations were taking place.

Ken watched Aya as she smiled – as if weight fell off her shoulders and as if that girl from his memory had returned. She twirled on the tips of her toes, she spun in circles, the cold breeze kissing her cheeks. Pretty... Ken thought with a smile adoring the corners of his cheeks. Giggle left her throat and she stopped spinning, facing Ken. She saw the way he was looking at her and immediately, it made strange sensation travel within her chest. Unintentionally, she cleaned her throat and turned towards the view of the city – trying her best at ignoring the fastened beating of her heart.

"I really needed to leave that place." Aya commented as she stepped onto the edge of the roof – and for a moment Ken's heart stopped; he thought she was going to jump. "My mind is fried from all the thinking." She said.

Ken walked towards her, digging his hands in the pockets of his warm coat. He stepped to the edge with caution – not yet really comfortable with the high places. Unlike him, Aya enjoyed them. She stood still with her hands in the pockets of her coat – mirroring Ken – and she breathed in, closing her eyes without fear of losing her balance.

"Why are you always in charge of Aogiri's plans?" Ken wondered out of the blue.

She opened her eyes, but didn't look at him. "Because someone has to." Was her answer – and yet, it did not answer Ken's question. "But I don't plan alone. Tatara and Eto help out as well." She said – her answer seemingly short; as if she didn't want to talk about it.

"What about the One-Eyed King?"

Aya looked at Ken, her expression unchangeable. The only reaction she had was the same smile which she has been gentle wearing since they came to the roof.

"What about him?" She wondered.

"Who is he?"

Aya let out a throaty laugh and she shook her head, as if she couldn't believe what he was asking her. She lowered herself down, taking a seat and putting one leg underneath herself while the other dangled off the edge. Ken followed – taking a seat next to her, cautiously. He wanted to know more – he heard the members of Aogiri mentioning him many times – but his identity was a mystery.

"I don't know." Aya answered. "I think he's just some title member of Aogiri created to make doves feel on edge." She told him.

"Oh..." Ken murmured.

Ken felt as if there was more Aya knew – that it wasn't just "some title" members of Aogiri created. He believed there was more – no, he was certain there was more. And Ken he would be able to find out from Aya – she was loyal to Aogiri. But she seemed troubled lately – the last couple of days have made everyone feel weary. The number of doves had certainly gone down, but Aogiri was ready for anything – that's why they had Aya – she had a rare sight that gave her an ability to see far and know when the danger is coming.

"You know I noticed you with Naki today." Aya broke the silence that surrounded them. "You feel guilty for killing Yamori."

Ken looked down at his hands, playing with his fingers – his nails still dark from the stress and torment Yamori had placed him through. His body had changed in so many ways after what Yamori did to him – he didn't even feel pain as he did before and it made him question if he's slowly turning into a monster. He didn't talk to anyone about what happened, not as if he had someone to talk to about it, and only now did a topic regarding Yamori came to the surface.