➖ Replay: Departed Spirit

IT WAS JUST ANOTHER NIGHT FOR AYA AND SHE FOUND IT QUITE AMUSING FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. Aya was a wanderer. She would stand on the tallest building in the Ward and observe the city of Tokyo. There were rare times when she could find interesting individuals doing something quite out of the ordinary. On such a dry night – Kanae von Rosewald was an interesting individual.

Aya found the darkest shadow of the night and watched from the distance. She was not proficient with long-distance hearing like Hinami, but she did know how close she had to come to hear conversations. Kanae von Rosewald had approached members of White Suits Hooguro and Shousei Idera, and in their company was Yumitsu Tomoe aka Grave Robber, as well as Karao Saeki aka Torso.

"You've got our attention. So what's the job?" Hooguro questioned.

"I need you to get rid of some investigators for me." Kanae handed them the photos to each one of them. "Your targets are in this photo. Can you do that?"

Hooguro stared at the photos. "You won't use to off four doves?"

"I'll pay you upfront." They all looked at Kanae in surprise, his offer quite tempting. "And for each one of them you kill, I'll pay you double the amount." And money makes the world go round and round...

The four looked at each other and no one seemed to protest. "Alright, we'll do it."

Now, while Aya did not have proficient hearing, she did have her sight. She managed to see the photos. Quinx. She did feel worry erupt in her chest – fully aware that even though Quinx were skilled, some needed more training if they found themselves alone against the four of them. Aya calculated the survival of Quinx up to 70%, but that calculation drastically fell when Hooguro and Shousei decided to call in on reinforcement from the White Suits.

They were completely oblivious to Aya following them in the shadows and listening to their cooked-up plan. Kanae had everything planned out. He knew where he could find Quinx and where he was going to lead them into a trap. Kanae had been following them for quite a long time – all with a plan to get rid of Haise's underlings so Shuu could have his alone time with Haise Sasaki. He was so loyal.

Kanae was the bait – he was well known to Quinx as he did face them when he tried to kidnap Mutsuki during the Auction. Therefore, all he had to do was stand in the street through which they were coming with the same mask that he had worn at the Auction.

"Do you think the other squads are making any progress?" Kuki Urie questioned as he walked behind Haise.

"Without any leads, I doubt it." Haise answered. "They are being cautious. The video's got them on edge."

"I guess we'll just have to wait for crazy old Kijima to be attacked." Shirazu nonchalantly said.

"Don't be rude." Haise scolded him.

A figure stood on the street – their body turned towards them. It caused them to stop and examine the figure. Urie recognized the ghoul without any mistake – it was a ghoul from the Auction, a member of Rose. The ghoul ran away. Without hesitation, Urie and Shirazu rushed in his direction. Haise attempted to stop them, but as usual, his command was ignored.

Haise had no choice but to follow after them with Saiko and Tooru keeping up with him. Kanae managed to do what was required – separate the Quinx. As if it was difficult – Aya thought as she stood in the shadow of the building opposite the multi-floored garage. Kanae waited for them on the fifth floor of the garage and just like good prey – Urie and Shirazu followed the bait.

"You never should have left your babysitter."

Kanae attacked the two Quinx with his kagune and they dodged his attempt. Shirazu activated his ukaku kagune and fired multiple claw-like missiles at Kanae who managed to evade every missile.