➖ Restart: Those Who Hunt

THE NIGHTS OF TOKYO SEEMED SILENT, BUT THEY WERE FAR FROM IT – THEY WERE LOUD IN PARTICULAR CORNERS OF THE WIDE AND LARGE CITY. Ghoul roomed the streets in the night, preying on their new victim that will satisfy their growing hunger. Humans sought a place of safety, or mingled into the crowds where ghouls couldn't touch them. The nights of Tokyo were dangerous for human kind, but lately, it seemed they were dangerous for ghouls as well.

At the construction site, on the top of the tower crane something enigmatic was happening. A normal eye could not even see two figures standing close to the end of the jib, but a particularly strong eye could see everything unfolding. Figure in a dark coat approached the alerted figure in a dark red cloak with a familiar sign of a phoenix on his back. Without seeing it coming, the man with a mask of a serpent, kicked the member of Aogiri Tree to the ground, startling him with his sudden action.

"You-You're Orochi, aren't you?"

Panic was evident in ghoul's voice as he used his legs and arms to crawl on his back, away from the unknown figure. The mask he wore gave his identity away. He heard stories from his fellow ghouls about Orochi that has been hunting other ghouls and killing them. Orochi was merciless towards ghouls and the very name had begun to send shivers down the spine of many ghouls.

"Are you kidding?" Orochi answered with disbelief and he took off the mask that hid his appearance. "Is that really what they're calling me?"

The red eyes of a ghoul stared down at the ghoul with a mask of Aogiri Tree. "But, you're a Ghoul!" He pointed out with fear shaking his breath. "Why are you coming after us?!"

For weeks, the ghouls of Aogiri had their eyes wide open every time they were patrolling particular places and hunting for food for the rest of the rising ghoul organization. Aogiri had fallen silent in the last two years, they begun to hide in the shadows and participated in only small events that weren't asking for attention from a federal agency that hunted down ghouls.

"I don't have to explain myself to some schmuck who's about to die." Orochi pointed out. "Now tell me, you happened to know a ghoul named Torso."

"What? No, I don't, I swear!" The ghoul answered with a little bit of hope in his voice that his life will be spared by his honesty.

"What a shame..." Orochi murmured. "In that case, I guess this is goodbye."

The ghoul didn't even let out a cry before his body was impaled by Orochi's bikaku kagune and thrown off the high crane to merciless death. The ghoul eyes of Orochi stared down, watching as the ghoul's body fell onto the ground with blood splashing all around him – and surprisingly, his body didn't break into pieces from the height and solid ground that awaited him.

"Was that really necessary?"

Gasp was almost pulled out of the male ghoul as a strange voice spoke behind him. His ghoul eyes open with his body on alert. A figure in complete blackness was leaning against the railing of the jig. It was a female. Tall and elegant. Orochi couldn't recognize her or remember if he had even seen such a ghoul rooming around Tokyo at night.

"Who are you?" He questioned with alertness in his tone.

In his mind he was already planning to kill her; she had seen his face and he didn't trust her with that information. To his response, a small chuckle left her lips and her gloved hand took a hold of her black mask that hid half of her face. She straightened herself and faced Orochi completely. There was a small smirk on her light pink lips and as she raised her head, deep blue eyes were revealed to him.

"Now this is very unlike you, Nishiki." With the mask off, the voice sounded natural and easy for Nishiki to recognize.

"The infamous Kitsune."