➖ Aya

SUPPRESSED CRY OF PAIN LEFT YOUNG AYA'S LIPS AS SHE ONCE AGAIN FELL INTO THE FIELD OF FLOWERS. She hissed and looked down at her leg. There was a deep cut that immediately begun to regenerate – the tissue itself begun to wrap around until the wound closed as if it was never there. Her eyes glared before her at the tall man that stood towering in front of her with seemingly cold eyes.

The white haired man let out a sigh as he watched her. Kishou Arima was beyond tired of constantly withholding himself from causing some real damage on the young teenager. The White Reaper of CCG has quite a stamina and his goal was to make the girl as endurable as he can be. But for days, it seemed as if she was barely trying to live to his expectations.

"On your feet."

He twirled the hilt of his quinque IXA in his hand as he went to walk around the young inexperienced ghoul. Aya let out an irritated groan and she pushed herself onto her feet without protesting about his merciless training. Her clothes were completely ruined. She had so many holes and cuts on her shirt in many places and sweatpants were mirroring her shirt. Aya was exhausted – but before that she was annoyed by how many times Kishou had cut her down because she was losing concentration when he became too fast for her to follow.

"You are losing your focus." Kishou commented as he circled her. "You know you're winning and you get full of yourself." Unannounced, Kishou swung his quinque at her and immediately, Aya evaded his attack. "You should never underestimate your enemy." He attacked her again and again and Aya evaded his attack again and again. "Even if you knew they are weaker then you. Even if you knew they don't stand a chance against you. You should never think they can't outsmart you."

Aya was focusing as much as she could. She tried to listened to his voice, watch his body, the end of his quinque and think of the ways he could surprise her. Her brain was working overtime to be prepared for any unexpected trick from the famous White Reaper. Aya knew he was counting how many times he could have killed her and she knew he was holding back from hurting her again. But if she keeps repeating the same mistake, he will strike her.

"You are bikaku user. Use your kagune as a surprise card. Use it to make yourself unpredictable."

And so Aya did. She utilized her kagune and defended herself against Kishou's next blow. Usually, Kishou never allowed her to use her kagune; instead he wanted her to know how to defend herself as a human. He was working on her stamina and agility. There were rare times when he allowed her to act like a ghoul. Aya swung with her kagune at Kishou and he deflected each of her blow with ease and Aya knew that she will never be able to match Kishou's capabilities, but still, she tried her best.

Without expecting it, Kishou attacked her differently and Aya immediately tried to react. Another tail of her kagune emerged and blocked the attack. Kishou looked at her – his expression unchangeable, but she could see he was proud of her for seeing that kind of an attack. He gave her a small nod – he didn't want her to feel cocky for successfully blocking his unexpected attack. But he could see it in her eyes; she was proud of herself.

"Don't get full of yourself."

Aya's face immediately hardened and Kishou attacked her once again. He was quicker then, he attacked her without any pause in his strikes. He was testing her. Aya moved her body into flexible shapes in order to evade his attacks as well as deflect them. Kishou was pushing her to the edge. He wanted to see if she could work under pressure. After so many times he had cut her down, he was having hope that this time she will defend herself until the very end.

And he was right. Aya defended herself and once they were done, she collapsed down into the field of flowers. She was beyond exhausted from the long hours of training. Kishou only just let out a drop of sweat and one day, he hopes to make Aya as endurable as he is. Kishou sat down into the field of flowers next to Aya. She lied down and after a few seconds of thinking, Kishou lied down as well next to her. The flowers tickled his exposed skin and he relaxed; feeling his body sinking into the soft ground made of flowers.