➖ Resign: Craving

SINCE THE CHRISTMAS GATHERING, HAYAMI HAD BEEN TRYING TO KEEP BUSY. In truth, she was attempting to avoid Haise Sasaki – but that came as a very difficult task. One side wanted to be always with him and she would be unable to say no to him. The other side wanted to keep herself far away and hope he forgets about her. Why? She couldn't accept the fact that Haise Sasaki would one day be no more and Ken Kaneki would return with all those memories that built him and broke him apart.

Ever since Hayami was introduced to Quinx, many times, she would not even be alone with Haise. Quinx were always around him. They would follow him everywhere, therefore, Hayami had to adjust to their constant interruption.

Saiko and Shirazu liked her the most – they would play video games in Chateau. Tooru was talkative with her, but Hayami came to believe that he was somewhat jealous of how much Hayami occupied his mentor's time and mind.

Urie would rather train, run or do whatever just not be in Hayami's company. However, Hayami would notice him staring at her more times than he should – Hayami was convinced he was trying to read her thoughts and pile every layer of her skin until he figures out who she is.

In the barely four months with Quinx Squad, Haise and Hayami were teased several times about their status. Shirazu was mostly poking at their relationship, jokingly calling Hayami Mrs. Sass and Saiko was discreetly asking Hayami whether they were together or not. However, in all honesty, the closest the two ever were was the hug they shared on Christmas. After that, the two barely ever spent time alone to further their intimacy or talk about it.

Hayami concluded that Haise was a bit reserved when it came to intimacy with the opposite sex, and didn't really know how to approach it. Just like Ken Kaneki. He, if he could, would rather avoid it until he gathered enough courage to confess to Hayami how he felt towards her. However, he didn't really have time to properly think about it. As they were promoted, they were given more tasks with every passing day. And especially since the Rose case came up. They were assigned to it and they searched for ways to figure out who Rose actually is.

Despite Aya telling Shuu to leave Haise be, she had caught him acting as a person handing out flyers. She knew that was not the only time he was hiding in the public, playing someone else, while keeping an eye on Haise. That was the only time she saw him. And Haise was completely unaware of his presence. He can't be helped – that was Aya's conclusion regarding Shuu and his persistence.

Snoring caused Hayami to turn her head away from the movie that was playing on the TV and towards Shirazu. He had fallen asleep on the couch -- for which, Hayami did not blame him. They had been on meetings the entire week chasing down any leads that could connect to Rose and who they are.

Saiko had fallen asleep on the couch by the beginning of the movie and Tooru was fighting sleep. Urie did not even want to be part of their movie night. On Hayami's left, Haise stood with eyes focused on the movie, but Aya could see it – he was thinking about something that was troubling him deeply. I wonder what it is...

As the movie of comedy genres ended, Haise spoke. "They all fell asleep." He gestured to his team members.

"The comedy was too much to handle." Hayami joked, to which Haise shared a quiet laugh.

They debated whether to let them sleep on the couch or to wake them. Haise concluded that since they have a lot of work tomorrow, it was for the better that they have quality sleep. Haise woke up Tooru and Shirazu, while Saiko was in too deep sleep. Tooru was quick to shake off his sleepiness and help Shirazu to his bedroom. Haise took Saiko onto his back and carried her to bed.

Aya found it cute how Haise handled his Quinx squad. They are truly like kids to him. She loved seeing Haise's kind nature. Just like Ken. He was always good in nature even after everything that had happened to him – there was still good in him that came alive when he was with Aya. She missed Ken, but she also didn't want him to remember.