➖ Remain: Auction

THE DAY OF THE AUCTION HAD COME AND AYA WAS FAR FROM IT. All the details regarding Aogiri's presence in Zeum Hall were being executed by the rest of the members of Aogiri while Aya comfortably sat in a chair with her legs up on the desk. Ayato was the leader of the operation, as well as in charge of protecting Big Madam. Hinami Fueguchi was second-in-command and for Aya, she was a valuable part of Aogiri Tree.

Hinami, a girl whose parents were killed by ghouls, joined Aogiri right after Ken Kaneki "died". She referred to the one-eyed ghoul as a big brother – someone who she was really close to after her parents died. Aya remembers listening to Hinami as she talked about Ken and all the things he had done for her. Hinami adored Ken – he was part of Anteiku and he was her family. Losing him, after losing her parents, broke her. But she found a way to fight another day.

When Hanami joined Aogiri, Tatara tested her. It was Ayato mostly who covered for her. She was a kind soul that only wanted to do something – anything that could make an impact. Even though her kindness had no value to Aogiri, her great sense of hearing came in handy for sorting through sounds and gathering information. Aya vouched for her – finding her necessary as Aya couldn't do her job for Aogiri as she did before while leading a double life.

Aya's decision brought Hinami to the rank of Executive. She acted as second-in-command when necessary. Her abnormal sense of smell as well helped to find people from long distances. It would be a shame to lose such a member of Aogiri Tree.

While the Auction began to play out, White Suits and Blades were in charge of keeping watch at the entrance. Aya believed that Naki and Miza were fully capable of protecting the Zeum Hall if the worst comes to happen. Although, Aya believed Miza, one of the newest members of Aogiri, to be more capable of protecting the Zeum Hall than Naki who she knew longer. Miza Kusakari, also known as Three Blades, raised the numbers of Aogiri as she joined with her ghoul group known as Blades – they claimed the 18th Ward as their territory.

Naki, the leader of White Suit, proved himself to be more than a crybaby. He was a capable leader that increased the number of White Suits. However, it was not to Aya's liking that he loved to play around when it comes to killing doves. Many encounters with doves almost ended up getting him killed – if not for Gagi and Guge, the twins, who saved him countless times.

"The CCG has arrived."

From the black polished nails, Aya's eyes wandered towards the many monitors on the wall that showed the live recordings of Zeum Hall. Akihiro Kanou stood before those screens watching with interest as many CCG vehicles arrived at the front of the Zeum Hall's entrance. However, Aya was well aware the reason why Kanou wanted to have the view of Zeus Hall was Quinx – humans with the abilities of a ghoul. Most importantly, he was interested in Haise Sasaki.

"What do you think, Aya?" Kanou looked over his shoulder at the ghoul uninterestedly observing the monitors. "Will my beloved prototype stand against our Owl?"

Aya hated it. She hated how interested Kanou was in her opinion. Her eyes glanced towards Eto who stood bandaged as always with a maroon hooded cloak with droopy ears. Underneath those bandages, she could see her eyes interestedly watching her with a grin adorning her lips. Looking behind her, against the wall, crouching down stood the so-called Owl.

Seidou Takizawa was a former Rank 2 Ghoul Investigator and now, he was the only successful product of the sixty-three investigators subjected to the ghoulification process by Professor Kanou. He was Owl 15, just known as Owl. Aya heard of the terrible things that Kanou did to Seidou to further develop new Rc pathways, strengthened his body, and remove any lingering human weaknesses. His mind was broken for the sake of Kanou's experiments and he come to be just another deranged ghoul.