chapter 4

a/n: i imagine you as yor forger from spy x family and the item she is holding in her hands is basically what your signature weapon is :) it's like a golden, pointy, wand. it was described in chapter 2. i don't know the exact nameee of the weapon, so i'll just refer to it as weapon

after raven tail only targeted gray in the game of hidden, you decided to keep a very close eye on lucy's match against flare. you have amazing instincts and your senses are always keen. everyone in fairy tail was thankful to you when you picked up why lucy wasn't able to attack flare back despite overpowering her in the first part of the match.

you ran through the crowd and over to where fairy tail was watching the games. you grabbed the piece of hair sticking out from beneath the ground and hovering over the little girl's feet. your weapon appeared in your hands and you cut off the hair. fairy tail was shocked, but not at all disappointed that raven tail would pull a trick like this. "lucy! you're in the clear!" you hold out the strand of hair.

lucy's finally free. "gemini!" she summons.

bisca thanks you and both her and alzack hold their daughter tight.

you watch the rest of the match and lucy's going for the final blow. she uses gemini to perform a spell known as "urano metria." it appeared as if this match was for fairy tail, but it was like lucy lost all her magic power and she collapsed.

the support that lucy and fairy tail was starting to receive turned back into hatred as flare was declared the winner. lucy laid there, crying, as everyone laughed and threw insults at her.

you, fairy tail, and all the participating guilds were all sure that it was foul play from raven tail.

you yourself made your way down to lucy.

she was sobbing. you laid down on the ground beside her. she was covering her eyes with her hands.

"i-it's so frustrating..." she sobs.

"i know."

"the spell... i- it should've worked."

"i know." you reply again.

you stand up and extend your hand out for her. "save your tears, lucy. the games are just getting started. all you can do is be brave enough to get out there. you fought. you lost. walk tall. these types of things happen and you just have to move past it or we won't be able to go forward." she takes your hand and you help her up. "let's get your wounds treated." you tell her and walk with your arm wrapped around her and shield her from the eyes of the spectators.

once you treat lucy's wounds and get her into the shower, you walk back out to watch the rest of the matches. "how's lucy doing?" erza asks you as you get back. you walk over to the edge of the railing and look down at the match going on between ren and arana from blue pegasus and mermaid heel. "better, i think. she's in the shower." you answer.

after a bit of a battle from arana, ren is able to get her down with one move. the crowd cheers and you applaud for your friend, ren.

"unsurprisingly, he's improved compared to seven years ago." erza comments.

"don't tell me that ichiya's gotten stronger, too?!" natsu exclaims. you look at natsu and reply, "natsu, what are you talking about? ichiya has always been a man to reckon with. his personality leaves something to be desired, but there's no denying that he's blue pegasus' strongest wizard." erza agrees with every word you said.

"i suddenly wanna fight him!" natsu states excitedly.

"what bothers me is the person in the bunny costume." erza glances over to the blue pegasus team.

"i've never met anyone that lives in a bunny suit when i was staying over at the blue pegasus guild." you think.

you place your attention back onto the matches. the third match was warcry of quatro cerebus and orga of sabertooth. "you're gonna love this guy's magic." you tell natsu and erza while pointing at warcry.

"we finally get to see sabertooth in battle." natsu says, paying closer attention to this match.

the match begins.

warcry begins to sob. erza and natsu are shocked.

"there it is! warcry's tear magic!"

"he's crying!" natsu laughs.

warcry begins charging to orga, but with one shot of his black lightning, warcry was out.

after a terrible singing performance by orga, they finally moved to the last match. the two teams left were fairy tail b and lamia scale, so you were excited.

"it's jura neekis of lamia scale versus mystogan of fairy tail b!"

"WHAT?!" you exclaim.

the cheers were extremely loud of jura. you weren't all that worried since jellal held the title of wizard saint before the whole tower of heaven situation.

"talk about unlucky." you mutter. all you can do is watch it all unfold. you notice erza had this worried look on her face.

"you shouldn't worry. he's jellal, he'll be fine." you assure her.

you wonder how ultear and meldy feel about jellal participating. you and them are probably more worried about him blowing his cover all to impress erza than his opponent being jura.

the match begins.

for jellal to remain hidden as mystogan, he went as far as to copy mystogan's magic, but it was a disadvantage since it's not his specialty.

"meteor." jellal then casts and he begins to glow, running around in a certain pattern. you're irritated that jellal would use his own magic and you're sure ultear is frustrated watching this too.

jura finally is able to bring jellal down, but jellal had already completed what he wanted to. the big dipper was formed in the sky. "be judged by the seven stars! grand chariot!" jellal casts and rays of light begin to shoot down to jura.

jura was able to block the attack with a rock mountain.

suddenly jellal gets in a familiar stance that you know all too well. "true heavenly body magic... cerma!" he begins to cast his spell. the sky turns dark and the magic pressure was intense. "what the hell is he thinking?!" you think. you begin to run out of where you were spectating, leaving erza and natsu confused.

you ran to an upper roof area and a dart gun appears in your hand. you were ready to shoot when the spell suddenly stops. jellal places his hands over his mouth and drops to one knee. then he bust out into laughter, leaving everyone dumbfounded. you realized this is one of ultear's tricks (with the help of meldy), but you thought he well deserved it. he couldn't handle it anymore, and you decided to put him out of his agony and so you shot the dart gun. it shot right onto his butt and he lets out a yelp, before falling to a deep state of slumber.

"i don't really understand it, but mystogan is down!"

you're sure fairy tail could've taken the victory if you, ultear, and meldy had let him finish, but you can't afford jellal sticking out too much. after all, your priority is finding the mystery magic source, not winning.