chapter 7

it was day 3 of the games. fairy tail had allowed you to watch the games with them in their booth reserved for the guild. today, the special guest was lahar from the council, so jellal also stepped back from the games and cana stepped in as the reserve member. another team that was using a reserve member was sabertooh. minerva orland.

"you did great, y/n. why did you step back?" lisanna asked as teams decided who would participate for the third game.

"wendy trained hard for this. she should've been there from the start. i told her i'd take care of her spot, and i did." you reply.

once all players were chosen, the rules were explained. it was quite an interesting game to watch. you really felt the bond that fairy tail had. tears were shed when erza scarlet, known as titania, known as queen of fairies, defeated all 100 monsters.

she held her sword up into the sky and her team stormed down to the arena to congratulate her and praise her. more and more people were started to become team fairy tail.

since she defeated all 100 monsters, another game was made for the remaining contestants. it was simple, really. all they had to do was fire all their magic power into a magic power finder, and it would be ranked from highest to lowest.

millianna from mermaid heel was first to go. she had an impressive 365. they continued in order. you weren't all that surprised when hibiki scored 95. he's always been more of a brainy than brute type of wizard. you were surprised when obra from raven tail only scored 4. you assume there's more to them since they're the thing that zapped wendy and lucy of their magic.

2nd to last was orga from sabertooth and unsurprisingly he almost got 4,000. jura, competing for lamia scale, scored much higher with a score of almost 9000. finally it was fairy tail's turn again. you were at the edge of your seat. you're sure coming after jura is a huge stress.

cana removed her jacket and revealed a black marking on her arm. "first master?!" master makarov looks at a blank space of air. in fact, all the fairy tail members look in the same direction as him.

"w-what are you all looking at?" you ask levy and lisanna, a little scared. quickly, all fairy tail members snap their attention back to cana, avoiding your question completely.

"okie then..." you chuckle awkwardly.

cana casts a blinding spell that actually breaks the mpf. the score glitches and is stuck at 9999. it was a spell known as 'fairy glitter.'

"we're unstoppable!" cana extends her arms and takes in all the glory and cheers.

"game plan. we need lookouts there, there, and there." you instruct the fairy tail members and point to specific areas after laxus and alexei were called out to battle. "is there any member here with telepathic magic?" you ask.

a male raises his hand, "warren. pleasure."

"pleasure. you will be helping us communicate. we need daily reports on any sort of movement. if they move an inch, if they scratch an itch, if they so far as blink, i need to hear about it, are we clear?" you ask sternly.

"yes ma'am!" the fairy tail members answer.

"alright then spread out." you tell them. they all scurry off to their assigned areas.

"it seems like you're helping us more with our troubles then us helping you." master makarov says.

"i'm always happy to help! actually, i've had the best time this year at the grand magic games than any other year." you answer.

"you'd be a great addition to the guild. you've gotten along with everyone and i know everyone is happy when you come around."

you smile, "i'm already apart of a guild. jellal, ultear, meredy... they're my people."

"i understand, but you're welcome anytime. even if it's just to visit." he tells you.

the match began. you and master makarov watched closely. it began with alexei having the advantage, but eventually laxus got it. you look at the raven tail booth and didn't see them moving.

bisca, using warren's telepathy, reports that there's no movement from her view. everyone else reports the same thing. you found it a bit odd, but you're giving ivan the benefit of the doubt and assuming he's playing fair for his son.

there was indeed cheating, the whole battle was basically an illusion. today fairy tail a earned a total of 15 points and fairy tail b earned 18 points.

as you're walking out of the arena with jellal (disguised as mystogan) you both feel the mysterious source. the both of you immediately began to sprint. it was a little hard to reach it due to the crowd.

when you were finally out of the crowd, someone steps in front of you. "what's the rush?"

"s-sting." you say. you look past him and see jellal stopped by a member of the council.

"where are you heading to so fast?" sting asks again.

"i-i um... sting, i have to go." you try getting past him, but he steps in front of you again.

"i saw you joined fairy tail. y/n, aren't you better off with the number one guild than the eternal last place?" he leans close to your face.

"they're climbing up, sting." you tell him.

"we offered you a place in the guild. do you know how hard it is to get into sabertooth? only the strongest are allowed in and master jiemma personally asked you to join. that's a rare thing, y/n. what happened to your little guild? you told me you didn't want to join a guild..." sting continues bugging you. you look past him again and this time see jellal with his face completely uncovered.

your eyes widen, "sting, i really have to go." you push past him and rush to your friend. as you get closer to him, you see him lean down to grab his disguise. he places it on and thanks them before walking off. you follow him.

"that was a close one." you say.

"mr. yajima saved me. i owe him." he says.

the two of you stand there in the crowd. the trace of the zeref magic was now gone.

"dammit." jellal breathes out.