chapter 8

"today felt great!" natsu cheers while holding some a huge chicken leg and mug of beer. you were again at the pub celebrating with them. you can never turn down their invitation.  

"this isn't the guild, so don't break anything." lucy warns him. she turns back to you and the both of you continue gossiping. 

"gray-sama, you were wonderful today, as always!" you hear juvia say to gray. 

"i'm actually very curious about those two. are they anything?" you ask lucy. she sighs, "nope, but juvia will kill anyone that glances at him. her crush is cute, but borderline creepy."

"she's pretty. i'm surprised they're not already together." you comment. 

"gray doesn't feel the same, at least i don't think he does. he's a cold person, no pun intended." she replies.

"booze barrel surfing!" natsu hollers as him and happy roll on three booze barrels with a wooden slab on top. 

"l-look out!"
"cut it out, natsu!"

before he could stop it, he crashes into the table that wendy, carla, gajeel, and lily were sitting it. he hits gajeel dead on and gajeel grabs him by his scarf, ready to fight. 

"alright, i'll do it!" gray says and begins to surf. 

"do your best, gray-sama!" juvia cheers. 

you laugh at everyone and next thing you know, gray crashes right into you. somehow, his clothes disappeared in the process and his butt was in your face. thankfully, his briefs were still on. "n-not again..." you say and it comes out muffled due to your current position with gray. 

"in that case... i'm up next!" erza happily gets on the barrel. erza wipes out and flashes everyone was beneath her skirt. 

gray gets off of you in a hurry. "sorry!" he apologizes. he takes his hand and flattens out your messy hair. 

"love rival!" you hear juvia hiss. 

gray stares at you for a second before getting an evil look in his eyes. "g-gray...?" you stutter. he picks you up with both hands on your waist and places you on the barrel. "watch out everybody!" he warns and pushes the barrels full strength. 

"noooo!" you cry.

it was now day four and the competition name was naval battle. there was a water sphere in the middle of the arena and the goal of the players was to get everyone out and be the last one standing. for fairy tail it was lucy and juvia, and for sabertooth it was minerva. 

the game was interesting and you wish you could've taken part of it. "juvia is going to knock you all out at once! nobody can win against juvia in the water! juvia learned this move when second origin was released... this new special technique! go forth, wings of love! gray-sama, love!" juvia creates a vicious whirlpool which pushed three opponents out with great force. 

you laugh, "juvia really is something!"

"i knew she was gonna win." lisanna says before chanting juvia's name. suddenly, juvia appears outside of the water. she falls face first on the ground. you knew how this happened.

minerva, of course. 

now it was between lucy and minerva. 

you watch the matches from the top of a statue alongside ultear, meldy, and jellal. for a second, you all feel the strong magic source. "it feels like zeref, but it's different somehow." ultear says. 

"he's in the stadium again, isn't he?" meldy asks. you nod, "we have to go." you say to jellal. 

"don't let them get away this time!" ultear says to the both. 

it was nighttime and you and jellal spent the whole day trying to track this magic source. eventually you two reached the cloaked figure that had been causing it all. 

"jellal! y/n! what happened?" ultear asks the both of you telepathically. 

"don't tell me he got away again?" meldy sighs. 

"we're putting some distance between us, but we're on their trail." you respond back telepathically. "i'm thinking we should make our move where there aren't any other people around."

after years, you and jellal were so close to figuring out what has been causing everything. 

when finally no one was around, jellal said sternly to the figure, "halt!"

"i'm revealing my identity. now you reveal yours." jellal removes the face mask and cap. 

"we're not here to harm you." you say in a soft tone. the two of you approach the figure slowly. you look down at their feet when the wind blows and slightly lifts their cloak. you could tell by the feet that it was a woman. 

the figure slowly turns around and you can make out the features. "i-it can't be..." you whisper and place your hands over your mouth in shock. 

after learning more about the cloaked figure, jellal asked you go inform the members of fairy tail, so they can be aware of everything. when you enter the bar, everyone is in a serious mood. "y/n..." erza says when you walk in. 

"is everything alright?" you ask them. 

natsu looks down, "the royal army... they're holding lucy in custody." 

they begin to explain to you the situation and everything that just went down before you arrived. they already have a lot on their plate, so you decide to keep quiet about the encounter. 

"so the plan is to rescue lucy and yukino. we will send a rescue team to the castle." you say. all fairy tail looks at you. "we can't forget about the games, however. tomorrow's the day off, so we'll spend it planning out the mission. we'll set it all in motion on the last day of the games, when everyone's attention will be on the outcome rather than what's going on in the castle, understood?" 

they all nod. 

natsu punches the palm of his hand, "i'm set on being part on rescue lucy!"

"you're a crowd favorite after your battle with the twin dragon slayers. i'm sure your absence will cause questioning." you tell him.

"or maybe it won't. he become sick after he used magic near the eclipse gate, so it's a perfect excuse." carla tells you. 

"there's no but's, y/n. i'm saving lucy." natsu says firmly. there was no changing his mind, so you agreed to it. 

"what about the team? who will take your place?" erza asks him. 

"y/n, of course!" natsu places an arm around your shoulder. 

"m-me?! i'm not apart of the guild." you shake your head. 

"it feels like you are. you started it with us, you celebrated with us, cheered us on, and won our first battle, so it's only fair if you finish it." natsu adds on. 

"you're perfect for the team." gray tells you. 

you smile and nod, "alright. i can do it!"