chapter 12

you were requipped into your ataraxia armor. you place your arm forth and telepathically the swords move to attack the dragons. one comes to you from the side and headbutts you, sending you flying off.

"y/n!" gray yells and is about to rush your side until a dragon swings it's tail and sends him off too.

"ice make: snow dragon!"
"water nebula!"

a dragon made of ice and rapid waters then comes to you and gray's rescue. you and gray get back on your feet and it's lyon's doing.

"you're welcome." lyon smirks.

"gray, my darling!" juvia cheers.

"thank you." you say as the two of you stand back up. the four of you are surrounded by the dragons.

"there's too many of them." you say and requip to your heavenly body armor. a huge gun appears in your hands. you shoot it and a large yellow ray shoots towards the dragons, taking them out.

"i'm getting tired of these things." gray unleashes an attack. the dragons load up a breath attack and both lyon and gray create an ice shield to protect the four of you from it.

the four of you continue handling the dragons.

you collapse onto one knee, using the gun to hold you up. if you drop completely then you don't think you'll get back up.

"y/n! juvia!" you hear someone yell in the distance. you turn around and it's meldy.

"meldy..." you smile faintly. she runs to your side, "are you okay?" she asks. you nod, "just tired." you were too low on magic to stay in the armor, so you go back to your regular clothes with just a sword. meldy takes her hand and wipes off the blood from your cheek, nose, and mouth.

"i'm glad to see you're okay... for the most part." she then picks up your hair and ties it up for you.

meldy's more your age, so it was easier to get along with her than jellal and ultear. you really appreciate her.

"i got separated from ultear. have you seen her?" she asks you. she helps you stand.

"no... i haven't seen any of you since last night."

"look out!" someone shouts. you and meldy are pushed down, just barely missing the shot by the dragon's beam. an explosion behind occurs.

"don't get distracted! this is a battlefield!" lyon scolds.

as you're laying there, you feel gray's hand on your ass.

"get off!" you yell. gray finally notices and scrambles off of you.

"s-sorry..." he stutters, flustered.

"gray, darling, you can touch juvia's rear all you want!" juvia wiggles her butt in his face.

"i-i'm good." he shakes her off.

he looks down at you and extends his hand out. "are you okay?" he asks you as he helps you stand.

"yeah, i am." you tell him.

"Y/N!" meldy shouts your name. you turn beside you and the dragon is loading up a breath attack.

you had no time to react.

suddenly you're pushed down once again. you hit the hard ground and look up to see gray getting hit by the beam instead. many more shoot their breath attacks and strike him.

finally, the last one strikes him through the head.

you let out a blood curling scream.

you rush to his side "gray! no!" his blood was getting all over you and the sight was gruesome. you begin to sob.

lyon, meldy, and juvia run over.

"cheria, where are you?! cheria! cheria!" lyon calls desperately.

"please! no!" you continue sobbing. this was your fault. if you had just paid attention then he wouldn't have pushed you down.

you killed gray.

you were pushed down, "look out!" someone shouts. you and meldy are pushed down, just barely missing the shot by the dragon's beam. an explosion behind occurs.

"don't get distracted! this is a battlefield!" lyon scolds.

"get off!" you yell after noticing gray's hand on your ass. gray finally notices and scrambles off of you.

"s-sorry..." he stutters, flustered. then you all get quiet.

at the same time, all five of you had some sort of vision of gray getting struck by multiple ray attacks.

"what was that?" lyon questions.

"we all saw that then." you say, placing your hand on your head.

"nothing's creepier than suddenly seeing my own death!" gray comments.

"some little ones appear over there," meldy points in the direction, "and then..." on cue, little dragons appear, ready to shoot. both lyon and gray quickly handle them with their ice magic.

you don't know what it was, but it saved gray. whatever it was, you're thankful.

you suddenly gathered more strength and courage to keep fighting. two swords appear in your hands, "come on, guys! if that vision was true then it's giving us a second chance to fight."