chapter 5

after the first day, you were invited for some drinks by erza, and you happily accepted. before you started heading to the bar, you and jellal met up in an alleyway to discuss. "you're stupid." you say. "you can't tell me anything i haven't just heard from ultear." he tells you. he holds out the dart that you used to take him out during the match. you take it and say, "you can't stick out, jellal. may i remind you that you're wanted by the council? that you're an escaped convict?"

"i'm sorry for worrying you. i was determined to help fairy tail after everything." he says.

"help fairy tail or impress erza?" you tease. he looks off to the side. "i'm totally kidding." you retract.

"heading somewhere?" he asks.

"yeah, sun bar. erza invited me for some drinks." you answer.

"you're getting along with them well." he says.

"yeah, they're as great and as kind as you described them."

"they're loud, though. they would cause the council all sorts of stress. kind of like how you do with me, ultear, and meldy. i think you'd fit in right with them." jellal advises.

"after your match today you have no right to speak about the stress i cause you." you laugh.

you're the youngest of the crime sorcière guild, only being 18 years old. you were 14 when you joined the guild. they found you and saved you from yourself.

"anyway, i'll let you go on. it's not safe me being out in the open for too long." jellal stands up right from leaning against the wall.

"don't pull the same crap tomorrow or the next dart won't be a sleeping one." you say to him as he walks off.

you open the doors to the bar and inside is all of fairy tail taking drinks, laughing, and chatting. "y/n! you've arrived." erza approaches you.

"yeah, it beats spending time with ultear, meldy, and jellal in some dark cave hideout." you say.

"are you hungry? need something to drink?" she asks you.

"i can get it myself, thank you." you briefly scan the area, "lucy and gray aren't here?"

"they said they'd make an appearance later. i'm sure they're upset with their losses, just like the rest of us." she says.

you were seated at a table with natsu and erza. you were all having food and drinks. "i'm getting in tomorrow! i'm gonna get us the top place!" natsu states and flexes his arm. "aye!" happy backs him up.

"you're here." someone pats your shoulders. you look up and it's gray. "you're here too." you say. he takes a seat next to you and lucy across from you and beside natsu.

"feeling better?" you ask him and lucy.

"still a little disappointed, but like you said it's the first day. i heard natsu's competing for us next game, and i trust him." lucy answers.

"i'm gonna leave sabertooth in the dust!" natsu states with determination.

most of the fairy tail guild was drunk and passed out. they were drinking away the humiliation felt today. you were talking to lucy about the games and how it's been previous years. everyone's attention is then drawn to a drink contest going on between cana and quatro cerebus' bacchus.

"i didn't know it was possible for someone to outdrink cana..." lucy is stunned. everyone was shocked. bacchus then grabs cana's bikini top and removes it. "i'm takin this as a trophy." he slurs and begins to stumble off.