Powers?

A sigh escaped your lips as a crisp breeze blew past you. Taking a deep breath, you sat yourself down at the edge of the creek that was behind your house.

As you sat down and gazed at the mesmerizing water, a memory from not too long ago replayed in your head.

You recall telling your parents that you were on your way to go frolic around with the neighborhood kids. But you were aware of the false statement you told them.

Being honest, you weren't very fond of playing with the neighborhood children. You never took a liking to the neighborhood children in general.

They were only a bunch of snotty, uptight brats, most of them sharing the same mindset amongst each other. That being that they were the superior ones there, and that they were better than everyone else.

Because of your views and impressions of the other children, you've always found and considered yourself to be... independent.

Albeit, your parents, including a handful of your other neighbors, would think otherwise. If they were to describe you, they would choose to label you as "the neighborhood loner."

You knew they would describe you as such because, well, you overheard them discussing it once.

But being ten years of age, it did not bother you as much...

False. It did.

It pained you to think your own parents would address you, their daughter, as a loner.

Your mother and father, those whom you admired and displayed your adoration for.

Not to mention, right before you as well.

~~~

"(M/N), she's a loner." Your father stated in his hoarse voice. "You know it and I know it."

Your mother, overwhelmed with stress and anxiousness, only listened.

"That's why she doesn't have any friends." He continued.

Warm tears struck your eyes as you heard your father say this and you slid down the wall you were hiding behind.

Your original intentions had not been to eavesdrop on your parents' conversation.

Instead, you were on your way to ask for permission to go outside and "play." But you couldn't help but stop in your tracks to overhear their conversation.

"Aye, (F/N), don't speak like that!" Your mother yelled at him.

"She's not a loner. She's just..." Your mother sighed, thinking of an appropriate word to use. "She's different. Independent is what she is. A strong, independent girl."

Your head perked up when you heard your mother's words.

Wiping away your stray tears, you let out a gasp when you heard your mother call out to you. "(Y/N), it's alright, mi amor. Come, come."

Your eyes widened. How did she know you were there?

Bringing yourself up to your feet, you turned the corner and made your presence known. Your father stared at you with wide eyes and then adverted his gaze to your mother.

"H-Hi, Mamá." You sniffled, drying your face with your sleeve.

"Aw, come here, mi vida." Your mother cooed, holding out her arms.

Running into them, you let go of any excess tears that remained.

Your usual brightness and colorfulness was gone, and there was only sadness to take its place. It saddened your mother to see you cry like this.