The Vision

"Welcome to the family Madrigal-" Mirabel sang, stepping up the stairs.

You stopped for a second and took a breather. Looking up, your eyes widened when you saw how many more steps there were before you actually made it to the top.

Taking a deep breath, you stretched your legs before catching up to her.

~A thousand more steps later~

You and Mirabel panted as the both of you traveled up the stairs.

"There's so many stairs in the casa Madrigal."

Your legs were killing you. You didn't know how Mirabel had the energy and strength to do this.

"Why couldn't you use your powers again?" She asked you, not stopping.

"Remember? They don't work in Bruno's tower, oddly enough." You reminded her.

~Flashback to just a few thousand steps ago~

"Ooh, idea. (Y/N), how about your powers? Can you use them to bring us up to the top?" Mirabel asked, stopping on the step she was on.

"I can test it out." You shrugged.

Holding out your hands, you conjured your powers, feeling your feet lift from off the ground.

Opening your eyes, you saw how you were just a few feet off the ground. You ascended even further when you felt your body come to a stop. Suddenly, you were falling.

You panicked and quickly tried to use your powers again to save you from the landing. And at the very last second, you caught yourself.

You breathed heavily, thinking about how terribly that could've gone. Setting yourself down, you decided from that point on to not use your powers in Bruno's tower.

~~~

"Oh, right..." Mirabel recalled, panting and looking up. "You think there would be another way to get so high 'cause we're magic, but no. Magical how many stairs fit in here!" She yelled, completely losing it.

"Bruno, your room is the worst!"

~Timeskip to after climbing the stairs~

Mirabel's hand reached the top of the landing, and she pulled herself up. From there, she saw a dark archway set between slabs of carved rock.

"Have we made it?" You barely managed to get out, your throat dry and your body aching.

In front was a gaping crevasse separating you and Mirabel and the dark archway.

She groaned frustratedly. "Come on..."

Taking one end of a rope, she threw it around a stalagmite and yanked on it to check if it was secure.

"Okay, we can do this." Mirabel said, looking behind her to see you collapsed on the floor.

"Right behind you." You gave her a thumbs up, looking up at her.

Mirabel turned back around and looked down, shuddering. The toucan from earlier sat on the other side of the crevasse, squawking and waiting. Taking a jump, Mirabel swung clumsily on the rope, but safely made it to the other side.

"Whoo!" She stuck her fists up into the air in triumph.

Stomping in celebration, a chunk of the ledge broke off under her foot. She quickly stepped back and watched it plummet down the deep crevasse.

"Great going, Mirabel." You groaned as you watched the series of events unfold.

"How am I supposed to get over now?" You asked, staring at the rope dangling from the stalagmite.